Job ID 14527Date posted Jul. 18, 2019Location Dayton, OhioFull Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB
- Continuously provides quality care to all patients. Treats all patients with dignity and respect. Understands, follows, and maintains all Patient Rights.
- Ensures accurate and timely documentation into the EMR for all patient care; i.e.-patient interviews and history, vital signs, treatments, test results.
- Maintains confidentiality of all patient and organization information. Follows federal and state regulations and organization policies regarding protection of patient information.
- Assists in the modification of patient treatment plans as indicated by patients’ responses, conditions, and as ordered by the provider.
- Consults and coordinates with internal and external partners to plan patients’ health activities, treatment, and referrals.
- Prepares and administers medications and immunizations per provider’s order.
- Prepares patients for and assists with examinations and treatments.
- Performs diagnostic testing to assist the provider in identifying and assessing patients’ conditions.
- Cleans and sterilizes medical instruments and equipment. Ensures rooms are stocked with supplies.
- Performs administrative functions, front office functions and schedules appointments as requested.
- Refers patients to specialists within their elected health plan or community agencies.
- Participates in professional development activities and maintains professional affiliations
- Performs other position related duties as assigned
- Certain clients and health centers may require travel
Appropriate education and/or experience may be substituted on an equivalent basis
High school diploma or equivalent
Graduate from an approved nursing program with an associate degree or equivalent
One (1) year of clinical experience required
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Current license in state of residence or compact licensure required
Current CPR (BLS) certification required
Phlebotomy certification preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Must have working knowledge of practical nursing theories and polices
Requires the ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
Requires organizational and decision-making abilities
Requires excellent assessment skills
Computer skills required (electronic medical record experience preferred)
Bilingual in Spanish a plus, but not required
ADDITONAL COMPANY INFORMATION
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more. In select states, patient care is provided by an independent physician-owned corporation.
How to Apply
When applying please refer to this post for tracking purposes.