Licensed Practical Nurse
Hawthorn Glen Nursing Center
Provides general nursing care to residents in a nursing home by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
include the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Explains procedures and treatments to residents to gain cooperation, understanding, and allay apprehension.
- Administers prescribed medications and treatments in accordance with approved nursing techniques.
- Prepares equipment and aids Physician during treatment and examination of resident.
- Maintains awareness of comfort and safety needs of resident.
- Supervise the nursing practices in the facility directed toward restoring and maintaining the residents capabilities at maximum mental and physical level
- Observes resident, records significant conditions and reactions, and notifies supervisor or Physician of resident’s condition and reaction to drugs, treatments, and significant incidents.
- Takes temperature, pulse, blood pressure, and other vital signs to detect deviations from normal and assess condition of patient.
- Responds to life saving situations based upon nursing standards, policies, procedures, and protocol.
- Documents nursing history and physical assessment for assigned residents.
- Initiates a resident’s education plan according to the individualized needs of the resident, as prescribed by Physician and/or hospital policy including resident and family instruction.
- Participates in department or unit quality improvement activities.
- Document resident information in Care Tracker
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include planning, assigning, and directing work; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Will be required to perform Category I and II job tasks utilizing Universal Precautions. RNs are responsible for supervising LPNs, STNAs, and Unlicensed Caregivers. LPNs are responsible for supervising, STNAs, and Unlicensed Caregivers.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Licensed by the State of Ohio as a Registered Nurse or a Licensed Practical Nurse