The City of Blue Ash is recruiting for Lifeguards for the 2021 Summer Season. Blue Ash lifeguards support their local community and make a difference by providing safe and fun swimming opportunities for all patrons. Lifeguards are responsible for all duties involved with day-to-day operations of the pool and work as a team player with all staff members. This position offers flexible hours and teaches life skills for successful future.
This is a Part-Time Seasonal position with typical employment from April to September.
This position will enjoy contributions into the Ohio Public Employees Retirement System; free individual membership to the Blue Ash Recreation Center with eligibility and discount for family members; and discounts at the Blue Ash Golf Course and Sandtrap Grill.
Free training and certification for lifeguard applicants.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
- Lifeguards will assist supervisory and professional staff members with the day-to-day operations of the pool.
- Responsible for all duties involved with daily operations, activities, special events, and equipment.
- Will complete opening, closing, and maintenance checklists and procedures as required.
- Know and enforce all rules and regulations according to the Pool Rules and Policies.
- Must be able to attend all staff trainings and meetings as scheduled throughout the year.
- Must hold current certifications through the American Red Cross in Lifeguarding, CPR-AED for lifeguards.
NOTE: The Blue Ash Recreation Center will provide free training and certification for lifeguard applicants.
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge of and perform Lifeguarding, CPR, AED and First Aid.
- Positive customer service skills; frequently converses and interacts with patrons.
- Frequently required to stand, walk, sit, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Work environment is primarily outdoors.
- Ability to work weekends April through September.
HOW TO APPLY: Apply online at www.BlueAsh.com. The City of Blue Ash is an EEO/ADA Employer.