JOB TITLE: Lighting Technician
LOCATION: Remote with Travel (currently in need of candidates located in OH, KY or IN)
Position Summary: The role of the Lighting Technician is to work with the Senior Lighting Technician, Supervisor, Project Development Engineer, and other Lighting Technicians to perform all lighting maintenance and/or retrofit work defined by the project scope stated in the Construction Progress document. To perform these tasks the Technician must work effectively with the Senior Technician, Supervisor, Project Development Engineer, other Technicians, Office Support Administrator, and customers.
Re-lamping or Retrofitting, which includes:
- Performing work consistent with the project scope.
- Meeting the criteria for quality and productivity specified in the company’s guidelines, training manual and the project.
- Performing services like fixture cleaning, replacement of lamps, replacing defective ballasts or sockets and modification or installation of fixtures.
- Working with Supervisor and Senior Lighting Technician to learn higher skills (i.e., installation of conduit and new fixtures).
Reporting, which includes:
- Documenting all expenses within two weeks of expense.
- Providing all information for completing daily tracking reports.
- Disclosing incidents promptly and in full.
Taking Direction, which includes:
- Following instructions from the Senior Lighting Technician or the Supervisor.
- Working to “do the right thing” for the customer and Eco Engineering.
- Working well with others as a member of the team.
- Following all safety guidelines and OSHA regulations.
Maintaining Attendance, which includes:
- Arriving at work on time, ready to begin work and with the proper tools.
- Remaining at work for the duration of the work period.
- Providing advance notice for any absences.
- Technical knowledge and lighting skills
- Manual dexterity and a good level of physical fitness
- Tolerance for heights
- Ability to work well under pressure and to deadlines
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Attention to detail
- Problem-solving ability
- Understanding of health and safety legislation and procedures
- Ability to travel and work varied shifts based on project needs
This description is not intended to include all possible job responsibilities. The Lighting Technician may perform job-related tasks other than those mentioned here.
Eco Engineering is an equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities.
Eco Engineering requires all applicants to successfully complete a drug test and favorable background report.