Perform work involved in the dry cleaning of a variety of lines such as cotton, polyester, silk, wool and synthetics for laundering, spotting stain removal and pressing utilizing a variety of formulas and number of machines.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate all laundering and dry cleaning equipment
- Properly sorts, washes and dries linens following the approved laundry procedures.
- Folds, counts and stacks linens following approved laundry procedures.
- Collects soiled linens along with redistributing clean linens.
- Transports supplies to include clean and soiled linen to the appropriate storage and collection areas.
- Provides quality customer service to customers by providing one on one attention to the detail.
- Routinely inspects linens for wear and tear, identifying worn and torn linens and following Standard Operating Procedure for damaged linens.
- Maintains the commercial and residential laundry rooms in a clean, orderly and sanitary condition.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Duties & Requirements:
- Operate laundry press machine on freshly laundered clothing
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
- Must be able to lift at least 20 lbs.