The Logistics Coordinator is to provide clerical and administrative support in the areas of transportation and distribution.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare customs invoices, shipper's letter of instruction and other various shipping documents required for international shipping.
- Complete air bills, bills of lading, packing slips, etc.
- Prepare customs invoice packets, shipper's letter of instruction and other various shipping forms required for international shipping.
- Obtain and provide domestic and international shipping quotes for Industrial and Medical sales bids from various modes of transportation providers.
- Co-ordinate and schedule shipments with the various transportation providers.
- Review, audit and account code transportation invoices for CSZ accounting.
- Assist in the preparation of documentation for letters of credit.
- Expedite shipments
- Trace shipments
- Obtain proof of delivery
- Process transportation claims
- Prepare shipping metrics for ISO
- Perform filing
- Prepare reports
- Assist in transportation cost analysis
- Interact with other departments to achieve company goals and objectives.
- Assist in UPS/FedEx
- Assist in Shipping/Receiving as needed
- Additional responsibilities as needed
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
- Minimum of five years’ experience in a manufacturing distribution environment
- Skilled in domestic as well as international trade practices, regulations and procedures
- Experienced in domestic as well as international shipping document preparation
- Exposure to letter of credit processes and procedures.
- Must have strong clerical skills, be computer literate, be able to multi-task, be extremely accurate and detailed oriented, must possess excellent communication skills.
- Microsoft Office Suite Knowledge
- Ability to work in a fact paced, dynamic environment
- Ability to work with and be responsive to changing goals, priorities, and needs
- High degree of initiative and creativity
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Forklift certified
Movement throughout the facility to access files, chambers, office machinery, etc. Works at a counter and a computer screen for periods of time. Employee must be able to manually enter data to the computer system and understand the screen and images that appear. Frequently lifting and carrying up to 10 lbs. and occasionally lifting up to 50 lbs. Use of hands to hold, lift and handle materials. Occasional climbing, bending and squatting. Periodic travel may be involved. When traveling, significant portions of travel time (both car and air) may involve extended sedentary periods. Subject to weather and adverse driving conditions when outside.
Direct Reports: NO
FLSA: Exempt or Non-exempt
Exempt | Full-Time | 40 hours/week