This position will involve the operation of a powered pallet jack (or similar) and the use of a radio frequency (RF) device. The position requires an individual to be able to pick orders in a timely and accurate manner while maintaining / operating a safe work environment. It is important that this position possess the willingness to accept change and be proactive rather than reactive.
- 1st Shift hours are 6:30 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. (Monday through Friday).
- 2nd Shift hours are 4:30 p.m. - 3:00 a.m. (Monday through Thursday).
- Part-time opportunities may also be available for those with afternoon/evening availability.
- Operate powered industrial trucks (PIT).
- Ability to use RF technology, including wearing a ‘gladiator’ type device.
- Using the RF gun, pick orders in an accurate and timely manner. This includes:
- The ability to stack boxes onto a pallet so as to obtain the best fit. Pallet heights may be 84 inches.
- Labeling pallets with the applicable moveable unit (MU).
- The application where necessary of the correct customer carton labels during the picking process.
- The ability to problem solve picking issues as they arrive and identify to the supervisor if errors are repetitive.
- Maintain a clean work environment (rack locations, aisles, PIT).
- Notify supervisor of any safety issues.
- Willingness and ability to move between LTL and Shipline order picking.
- This position requires employees to work 8/10hr days plus overtime as required.
- Frequent and repetitive lifting is required – up to 50 pounds.
- Ability communicate effectively.
- Ensure all safety guidelines are followed and safety violations are reported properly and immediately.
- Other duties assigned by management.
• High School education or equivalent
• Must possess good communication skills and interpersonal skills.
• Should be goal oriented and able to work well under pressure.
• Demonstrate good judgment.
• Must be able to work independently and demonstrate effective initiative.
• Good attendance is mandatory.
• Basic math skills.
• Basic keyboard skills.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stoop, reach, stand, walk, lift, pull, push, grasp, talk, hear, see and use repetitive motions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may frequently lift and or move up to 50 pounds of material, boxes, etc. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision such as reading handwritten and or typed material and must have the ability to focus.
Adhere to The Gorilla Glue Company’s Core Values that ensure everyone works together to exceed expectations.
• Have fun, be passionate and show it!
• Act with integrity and respect in all relationships.
• Communicate openly and appreciate the effort of others.
• Embrace knowledge, growth and change.
• Strive for excellence in what we do every day!
How to Apply
Visit www.gorillatough.com/careers to apply.