Summary: Operates the Pusher/Charger Machine (PCM), Flat Push Hot Car (FPHC), Door Machine and Quench Car, and assorted mobile equipment as needed in the processing of coal into metallurgical coke.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following, but not intended to be an all inclusive list. Other duties may be assigned.
- Functions as a productive member of the MTO team to meet or exceed production schedules safely and in accordance with all company and plant policies, rules, and procedures.
- Performs tasks necessary to operate production unit to maximize productivity within safety/health, environmental, and quality requirements; communicating issues to appropriate personnel and departments as necessary
- Performs and assists maintenance personnel with maintenance work including but not limited to minor troubleshooting of equipment, PM’s, inspections and other tasks as necessary to ensure maximum productivity is achieved safely and according to company and customer requirements and standards, coordinating activities with other personnel and departments as required
- Provides assistance to maintenance as requested in completing larger scope or emergency repair work, coordinating activities with other personnel and departments as required.
- Operates equipment including but not limited to pusher/charger machine (PCM), utility car, locomotive, door machine, conveyor systems and wharf gates as per established standard operating procedures, with respect to safety, quality and environmental requirements.
- Follows production sequence and schedule, working at a pace to maintain or exceed production requirements within safety/health, environmental, and quality requirements; notifying supervisor or other appropriate personnel of any deviations, or issues in a timely manner.
- Participates in shift change activities including but not limited to communicating problems, issues, etc. with appropriate personnel, keeping supervisor apprised of such, completing appropriate documentation, logs, etc.; maintaining responsibility for operating area until properly relieved of duty by shift personnel or other authorized personnel.
- Maintains work area and common areas of plant in a neat and orderly manner.
- Prepares and completes required reports and forms including but not limited to work orders, permit applications, operation logs, production reports, maintenance logs, time / attendance and shift reports. Informs other crew members of any unusual conditions and pending work
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education/Experience: One year certificate from college or technical school; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Windows Operating System, Microsoft Word and Excel software and Manufacturing software.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to wet or humid conditions (non-weather); work near moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles and outdoor weather conditions. The employee is frequently exposed to work in high, precarious places; extreme heat (non-weather); and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate with noise level in some areas high.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is regularly required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.