Join Southern Champion Tray and start your career with us!
Why work for Southern Champion Tray?
- $1,500 Sign - on bonus
- 104 hours of vacation after 30 days
- 8 paid Holidays
- Health Insurance, dental and vision after 30 days
- Health Savings Account & Health Reimbursement Agreement
- 401K and Roth IRA
- Great environment
- Work/life balance
- and many more!
Set up and operate packing stations, shrink tunnels, curtain coater, slitters or non-print rotary die cutters to ensure that quality products are safely achieved at a consistent rate of speed in accordance with machine standards. Ensure strong healthy work relationship with other job functions.
- Operate equipment above in a consistent manner as instructed and in line with machine standards, maintains standard operating procedures
- Able to make machine adjustments in order to maintain machine at safety, quality, and production standards
- Set up machine to precise measurements and alignments within allotted time for next production run to maintain the highest quality and efficiencies
- Uses computer system to log productivity and remarks on job, accurately completes production report and records production data, reports start and stop times for all personnel working on machine, reports accurate counts of finished goods produced and raw material used
- Maintain product flow to accomplish maximum capacity and efficiency
- Start equipment and adjust machine as required to attain target speeds
- Verify that the raw materials are correct matching to the job ticket description
- Be responsible for the quality of the product manufactured, report all issues with equipment, dies, or raw material to supervisor or maintenance department
- Check for scrap and quality defects; continuously check for quality defects of finished product
- Observe packers to be sure that the proper count is going into the case, verify the finished goods are correctly identified
- Operate the machine in a safe manner and to notify supervision of any unsafe conditions that might exist
- Troubleshoots, diagnoses, and assists in repair of machine malfunctions; performs routine cleaning, and maintenance
- Assist the Food Safety Team in ensuring that product meets or exceeds GFSI standards for their areas(s) of responsibility
- Other duties/responsibilities may be assigned
- One-year certificate from a college or technical school, or three to six months related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education or experience. Must have basic computer skills and possess ability to utilize software. Must have mechanical ability and skills.
- Must be able to understand and speak clearly, communicate, and understand directions in English as needed.
- Must have the ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide both fractions and decimals, solve equations, read a tape measure, and understand both standard and metric measuring systems.
- While performing the duties of this job, regularly required to walk, stand, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls and reach with arms and hands. Frequently is required to climb, balance, twist, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Frequently lifts/moves 25 pounds, occasionally lifts/moves up to 50 pounds. Must be able to perform these functions for a minimum of 8 hours straight (with a 30-minute meal break any other applicable breaks during the shift) on a regular basis.
- Regular attendance and reporting for work on time are necessary requirements as is availability for overtime work if necessary
About Southern Champion Tray:
Since 1927, Southern Champion Tray has been manufacturing quality paperboard packaging products. As a third generation, family-owned company, our reputation has been built through clear vision, constant innovation, and unwavering commitment to excellence and integrity in everything we do. All jobs at Southern Champion Tray (SCT) require Team members to act in accordance with the shared Core Values and Operating principles of the company as they perform specific job functions. These include:
- Trustworthy – We strive for our actions to match our words in all our relationships.
- Servant – Hearted – We enable and empower our team to serve the needs of customers, Team members, suppliers and the community.
- Relational – We aim to build healthy relationships while fostering and environment that promotes compassion, balance, and personal and professional growth.
- Resourceful – We value strategic insourcing, first looking to create solutions internally, and then looking to apply that knowledge to future opportunities.