· Sets up, operates and troubleshoots NC, CNC and traditional milling and turning machines such as turret lathes, engine lathes, radial drills, Bridge port mills, Mazaks, Mori Seiki, Turning Centers, FMS, etc.
· Uses precision measuring devices such as micrometers, verniers, calipers, etc., to measure parts and products accuracy to print or other specifications.
· Reads and interprets complex blueprints for machine parts.
· Inspects valves and parts for defects and compliance with customer and internal specifications.
· Trains new employees and coworkers in methods and practices.
· Reads and interprets Heijunka cards with BOM to assure proper consumption materials when backflushing completed jobs.
· Reads and interprets Heijunka cards routing sheets to assure proper sequence of machining, correct production line and work center assignments, and run time alignment.
· Completes RTY data recordings for quality, BOM, router, and process issues as required.
· 5S - Properly cleans and maintains tools, machines and work areas following the daily, weekly, and monthly 5S actions.
· Coordinates with material handling function for machining and assembly material requirements.
· Properly prepares machined component (body, plug, cover, sleeve, etc) for next operation through proper blending of key areas with dynafile or grinder.
· Works from verbal and written instructions or diagram and drawing to machine and assembly valves and parts.
· Participates actively in Operational Excellence and Quality processes including project team involvement, problem solving, and recommending solutions to enhance and improve the quality of departmental and/or company-wide business activities.
· Escalates any safety or machining issues to the Team Leader and/or Value Stream Manager as required
· Performs other work as assigned by Value Stream Manager or Team Leader.
Essential Qualifications / Experience:
· Advanced blueprint reading skills.
· Intermediate shop math abilities.
· Working knowledge of measuring instruments.
· Ability to sustain moderate physical effort, working with light to medium weight materials. Lifting, bending, carrying and twisting are common but not repetitious. Concentrated mental and visual attention in planning, lying out and performing complex work to very close tolerances required. High degree of physical and mental dexterity and visual attention for sustained periods also required.
· High school education and 1-2 years machining experience.