The MidPointe Library System has a full-time opening for a maintenance custodian to assist with building repairs, cleaning, and landscaping.
- Provide excellent customer service by ensuring that library buildings, grounds, and equipment are clean, safe, and ready for customer and staff use.
- Travel to other branches, as needed.
- Routinely monitor, and when directed, perform preventative or repair work on library facilities, buildings, grounds, and related equipment.
- Perform janitorial and landscaping duties.
- May assist vendors and contractors regarding maintenance related matters.
- Must have high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must have valid driver’s license and be insurable on the library’s policy.
- Must have good working knowledge of power cleaning and polishing tools, cleaning solutions, snow removal equipment, minor repair equipment, and use in a safe, efficient, and effective manner.
- Must have good computer and math skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills are needed. Must be able to read cursive writing.
-Must be able to follow direction and work within deadlines to complete projects and assignments.
- Must be able to work in areas that may contain dust or other possible allergens.
- Must be able to sit, stand, push, pull, bend, stoop, crouch, crawl, kneel, reach, climb, lift objects up to 75 pounds, and move objects that weigh up to 150 pounds.
- Must have regular and predictable physical attendance as required.
How to Apply
Complete a required MidPointe Library application found on our web site at:
More information about this opening can be found on our web site at: www.midpointelibrary.org --> About The Library --> Job Openings