- Perform preventive maintenance on all types of machinery.
- Make safety repairs immediately or as directed.
- Utilize parts and equipment efficiently.
Specific duties include:
- Troubleshoot and make all types of repairs on machinery, including mechanical and electrical. This includes pipe, electrical, hydraulic, instrumentation, fabrication and any other type repairs that normally are performed by multi-craft mechanics.
- Repairs to be made inside tanks, tubs, dust collectors and other vessels.
- Maintain equipment and tools in best operational condition. Clean tools and equipment when finished and perform preventive maintenance.
- Perform rigging tasks. Must be comfortable with heights
- Welding and burning.
- Ability to use laser alignment equipment.
- Capable of performing PM routes and reporting results accurately.
- Keep work area clean.
- Operation of fork truck.
High school graduate or GED; Vocational school or apprentice program plus four to five years’ recent maintenance mechanic experience required.
1.Standing and walking for extended periods.
2.Routinely carrying up to 25lbs and frequently handling equipment in excess of 50lbs.
3.Frequent bending, stooping, squatting and kneeling.
4.Ability to climb stairs & ladders and work in awkward positions.
5.Entering and working in confines spaces, extreme temperatures and dusty/dirty environment.
6.Ability to comprehend detailed verbal and written instructions and work with minimal supervision.
7.Ability to read and understand general drawings & prints.
How to Apply