Reporting to the Plant Manager, the Maintenance Supervisor plans and coordinates the activities of maintenance personnel to maximize equipment operating time.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Managing all maintenance staff on a daily basis and monitor the quality of their work.
- Providing tasks and schedules for the maintenance employees.
- The safety, training, discipline and welfare of maintenance employees.
- Controlling all maintenance staff timekeeping.
- Communicating with the Plant Engineer to coordinate maintenance and repair work.
- Assisting with planning preventative maintenance inspections and repairs and coordinating those activities with production managers.
- Ensuring procedures are in place to ensure plant cleanliness.
- Reviewing the operation of plant equipment and systems constantly to minimize unplanned downtime, solve problems in a timely manner and to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Providing hands-on technical assistance to employees and working directly on the floor to oversee employees.
You will excel in this roll if you:
- Have a safety mindset and ensure that the safety rules are always adhered to.
- Can troubleshoot and repair a variety of industrial machinery systems.
- Possess strong motivational and leadership skills.
- Are a great problem solver.
- Can read and interpret blueprints and schematic diagrams.
- Are flexible and can work overtime as necessary.
- Are a self-starter and need minimal supervision.
- Can maintain effective working relationships with subordinates as well as peers.
- Possess strong organizational and administrative skills.
- Are detail-oriented.
- Exercise effective time and workload management.
- Adapt to change.
- Are a team player.
- Are customer focused.
To qualify you will bring:
- Technical degree in industrial maintenance.
- Strong Electrical background.
- Automation and PLC experience.
- Leadership and previous supervisory experience.
About our Company
Metal-Matic Inc. is a global leader in the production of welded and drawn over mandrel carbon steel tubing for standard and specialty applications. Our mission is to continually develop our Quality, Value and Service for our customers, vendors and employees as well as seeking innovative solutions in all aspects of our operation. Metal-Matic was founded in 1951 as a research and development business in Minneapolis, MN. In 1956 the first tube mill was purchased. In 1995, the company expanded with a plant in Bedford Park, IL. In 2012 a plant in Middletown, OH was purchased to satisfy demand for welded and cold drawn product. Headquartered in Minneapolis, MN, Metal-Matic continues to be a family owned business with over 500 employees.
Metal-Matic is an equal opportunity employer. We offer a competitive compensation package including competitive salary, healthcare, a 401(K) profit sharing plan, and performance bonuses.