Talbert House has a career opening for a Maintenance Technician
WORK LOCATION: 2600 Victory Parkway, providing services in various Talbert House locations
WORK HOURS: 1st shift
FLSA STATUS: Hourly, Non Exempt
JOB TYPE: Regular Full-Time
JOB CODE: 135
The Maintenance Technician will provide building maintenance technical services to Talbert House Sites. The position requires knowledge of building maintenance techniques, materials and tools and skills in carpentry, painting and preventative/general maintenance of buildings, fixtures and equipment. Maintenance technicians perform many technical tasks in order to keep buildings functioning properly. Responsibilities may include preventative maintenance, dry wall installation, HVAC maintenance, and even carpentry.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Responsible for the completion of all maintenance service requests as assigned.
- Oversee maintenance of Sites.
- Submit work orders.
- Responsible for removal, lifting and transport furniture and equipment.
- Work with vendors, contractors and technicians to ensure appropriate maintenance and repair.
- Complete grounds work as directed by Property Manager which may include picking up trash, sweeping curb and dumpster areas and maintaining landscaping beds and other areas.
- Perform interior and exterior repair work.
- Responsible for alerting the Property Manager of any unusual occurrence and/or damage that have taken place or that may occur.
- Perform safety inspections of facility and equipment to ensure compliance with building codes and regulations.
- Efficiently operates personal computer to enter, edit and/ or retrieve data and to produce reports and documentation.
- Special projects and other responsibilities as may be determined.
The above job functions are intended to describe the general nature of the position. The detailed position description will give more specific detail on duties and responsibilities
• High School Diploma or GED and 2 to 4 years of related experience
• A valid driver’s license and current auto insurance
• This job requires exerting 50 to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 25 to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or 10 to 20 pounds of force constantly.
JOB SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS:
• Must be able to climb stairs
• Must have driver's license and auto insurance
Duties and additional experience or requirements may vary by position.
To perform this job successfully, as individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required, but do not encompass all potential job functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
Talbert House employs, promotes and contracts without regards to race, gender, color, national origin, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, age, sex, religion, or genetic information. Talbert House is an EO/AA Employer/M/F/Protected Vet/Disabled & an equal provider of services.
Talbert House is a community-wide nonprofit network of social services with programs focusing on prevention, assessment, treatment and reintegration. Each year, Talbert House helps thousands of men, women and children across Greater Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky overcome adversity to become healthy and productive citizens through programs in community corrections, mental health, substance abuse and welfare-to-work.
How to Apply
Visit www.talberthouse.org/careers or send resume to Tasha.Bell@talberthouse.org