Are you ready to take the next step in your career with a stable, growing company that sets employees up for success and promotes from within? Our Georgia-Pacific Trey facility in West Chester, OH is looking to immediately fill a Maintenance Technician role.
The pay rate for this position is $28.00, with the opportunity to earn up to $33.00 depending on experience and qualifications. This role includes a $2,000 sign-on bonus!
This is a 2nd shift position.
2nd Shift Hours: 3:00 pm – 11:00 pm, plus a $0.25 shift premium
Employees must be available to work overtime, holidays, and weekends.
What you will do in your role
- Troubleshooting, repairing, and installing equipment in compliance with all plant codes, policies and procedures
- Repairing and maintaining machinery and mechanical equipment, such as motors, pneumatic/hydraulic components, conveyor systems, and production lines and equipment
- Repairing and maintaining machinery and mechanical hand tools, power tools, and precision-measuring and testing instruments
- Responding to all mechanical and electrical maintenance issues throughout the plant
- Learning and practicing Electrical and Instrumentation skills
- Maintaining adherence to safety rules and regulations to include wearing Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
The experience you will bring:
- 2 years of mechanical maintenance experience in a manufacturing environment
- Basic understanding of electrical knowledge i.e. reading wiring diagrams
- Technical, Trade, or Vocational school degree/certificate in a mechanical, industrial or electro-mechanical program from an accredited institution
- Graduating with a degree/certificate in a mechanical, industrial or electro-mechanical program from an accredited Technical, Trade, or Vocational school within the next 6 months
- Experience troubleshooting and repairing hydraulic and pneumatics systems
- Experience troubleshooting issues and making repairs on bearings, chains, sprockets, gearboxes, conveyors, etc.
- Experience reading and understanding mechanical drawings
- Experience with precision alignment of motors, couplings, bearings and pumps, and lubrication
- Experience within the corrugated industry
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test. This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com