Why work for Southern Champion Tray?
- $1,500 Sign - on bonus
- Vacation after 30 days
- 8 paid Holidays
- Health Insurance, Dental and Vision after 30 days
- 401K and Roth IRA
- Quarterly Gainshare
- Great environment
- Work/life balance
- and many more!
As a Maintenance Technician you will be installing, maintaining, and using equipment, electrical and electronic systems by performing various functions.
What will you be doing?
- Listens for unusual sounds and visually inspect machines or equipment to detect malfunction, discusses machine operation variations with supervisors or other maintenance workers to diagnose problem or repair machine
- Performs proper scheduling of work to maximize task completion with minimal plant disruption, reduction in unscheduled downtime while lowering costs, and creating higher plant efficiency
- Installs and repairs electrical apparatus, such as transformers and wiring, and electrical and electronic components of machinery and equipment
- Lays out, assembles, installs, maintains pipe systems and related hydraulic and pneumatic equipment, repairs and replaces gauges, valves, pressure regulators, and related equipment
- Sets up and operates machine tools such as drill press, band saw, and grinder to repair or fabricate machine parts, jigs and fixtures, and tools
- Operates cutting torch or welding equipment to cut or join metal parts
- Fabricates and repairs counters, benches, partitions, and other wooden structures
- Performs other duties assigned.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Must have basic computer skills and possess ability to utilize software.
- Must be able to understand and speak clearly, communicate, and understand directions in English as needed.
- Able to calculate figures, amounts such as proportions, area, circumference, and volume. Apply the concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Regularly required to walk, stand, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls and reach with arms and hands. Frequently is required to climb, balance, twist, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Frequently lifts/moves coils of baker wire up to 100 pounds.
What is the work environment like?
Exposure to a dusty atmosphere with loud noise, which may require both eye and ear protection in some areas. Moving mechanical parts will also be exposed; safety guards have been put in place for the safety of all Team members.
About Southern Champion Tray:
Since 1927, Southern Champion Tray has been manufacturing quality paperboard packaging products. As a third generation, family-owned company, our reputation has been built through clear vision, constant innovation, and unwavering commitment to excellence and integrity in everything we do. These principles have been the backbone of our success. All jobs at Southern Champion Tray (SCT) require Team members to act in accordance with the shared Core Values and Operating principles of the company as they perform specific job functions. These include:
- Trustworthy – We strive for our actions to match our words in all our relationships.
- Servant – Hearted – We enable and empower our team to serve the needs of customers, Team members, suppliers and the community.
- Relational – We aim to build healthy relationships while fostering and environment that promotes compassion, balance, and personal and professional growth.
- Resourceful – We value strategic insourcing, first looking to create solutions internally, and then looking to apply that knowledge to future opportunities.