Premier Magnesia, LLC/Giles Chemical Division is recruiting for a Full-time INDUSTRIAL MECHANIC. The Maintenance Technician is responsible for preventative and reactive maintenance for all plant production equipment and facilities. Will be responsible for:
- Performing work on manufacturing systems, processes or facilities in timely, safe and efficient manner in order to attain production goals.
- Performing work on support systems and processes and conduct preventative and predictive maintenance.
- Will respond to off-shift mechanical problems or emergencies within reasonable time and provide troubleshooting and support as needed
- Support manufacturing process improvements, provide forklift or material handling support as required.
- Will train support personnel on basic mechanical shooting/repairs to attain optimum line output.
- All other duties as required.
HS Diploma or GED required, preferred Associates Degree in Industrial Maintenance or related discipline.
Five to Seven years of previous industrial maintenance experience or strong mechanical/electrical aptitude and troubleshooting skills.
Must have multi-craft industrial experience with cutting, welding, and pipefitting (metal and PVC), plumbing, etc.
Must be able to work with mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic, and electrical (220/440v) systems safely and logically.
Must be able to maintain pumps, motors, drives, and conveyors.
Must have basic knowledge of boiler systems, HVAC systems, process instrumentation, and PLC’s.
Must be able to interpret equipment manuals and drawings.
Must have and be able to be contacted by telephone off hours, weekends or holidays.
Must maintain forklift certification, and required Safety training and PPE/CGMP Equipment at all times.
Intermediate computer skills.
How to Apply
Posting is active on careerbuilder.com as Industrial Mechanic, Premier Magnesia/Giles Chemical in Greendale, IN.