This is a 2nd shift position 2:00 pm - 12:30 am Monday - Thursday, Fridays and weekends might be required during peak season.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on motors, conveyor systems, and production machines. Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation; listening for problems; using precision measuring and testing instruments. Follow all Food Safety, Product and equipment requirements in a Food Processing Facility.
INTERNAL REPORTING RELATIONSHIP(S)
Reports to Maintenance Manager
POSITION ACTIVITIES AND TASKS
- Responsible for all line changeovers
- Troubleshooting all maintenance calls for down equipment
- Continuous improvement on production output and decreased downtime
- Proficient in the use of hand tools and power tools
- Responsible for timely completion of the preventive maintenance program
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Physically capable of manual labor that includes lifting, bending, and reaching.
- Positive attitude and willingness to lead and work as part of a team
- Strong work ethic and organizational skills
- Puts high value on doing a good job and self-supervisory skills.
- Able to quickly identify and react to problems
- Perform additional related tasks as assigned.
- Remains in constant communication with Supervisor regarding any issues or concerns with maintenance.
- Advise management of maintenance issues that are not quickly and satisfactorily resolved.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
EDUCATION LEVEL REQUIRED
High school diploma;
Prefer to have completed a skilled trades apprenticeship program (Electrical, Mechanical, Machinist)