Looking for a place to grow a career? Look no further! Projects Unlimited offers an excellent work environment and the stability you are looking for from a family-owned company who has been operating in Dayton for 70 years! We invite you to join our growing team.
We Are Mission Critical
Our team members actively engage every day in their craft of producing the highest quality manufactured parts and products for our customers; because it matters to the safety of our country’s commercial aviation and military personnel….We Are Mission Critical isn't just our slogan, it is our why. This is the foundation for our unique culture. Each position in the company is integral and important in this endeavor. Each employee is inspired to take this mission to heart with the belief that each of us does make a difference and a contribution every day. We therefore recruit future teammates who will embody this focus, feeling and philosophy and who will stand shoulder- to-shoulder with us in achieving this mission.
What You'll Be Doing:
As a Maintenance Technician at Projects Unlimited you will be responsible for assisting the manufacturing process in day-to-day production by maintaining physical plant and equipment in good working condition, maintaining a safe work environment, and following all company policy and procedure to ensure a safe, respectful workplace.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support Facility Manager with daily tasks.
- Maintain the company building, grounds, production equipment, utilities and related components.
- Maintain good working condition for all employees by assuring the proper operation of lighting, HVAC, as well as the maintenance of proper safety conditions in all areas of the facility.
- Repair and upgrade equipment as needed to maintain and improve production. Specific equipment used at our facility include, but is not limited to, the following machinery: SMT, pick & place, BGA, wave solder, selective solder, conformal coating and various thermal and vibration simulating test equipment.
- Operate and maintain forklift and other facilities equipment as required.
- Perform preventative maintenance tasks on production equipment as directed.
- Must be available for off-shift coverage.
- Other duties as assigned.
High school diploma or equivalent, 1-year technical/trade school training desired.
- 3+ years related maintenance experience
- General knowledge of: Basic electrical wiring, entry level machine repair and/or mechanical applications, carpentry.
- Forklift Certification as needed.
- Aerial platform operator’s certification as needed.
Work Environment and Physical Requirements:
Work is generally performed in a manufacturing environment, while in the Production area employees are required to wear Personal protective equipment consisting of: closed-toed shoes and safety glasses as well as electro-static discharge compliant heel straps, wrist straps, and ESD lab coats. Maintenance Personnel are subject to exposure to odors, fumes, airborne particulates, toxic/caustic chemicals, and risk of electrical shock were applicable. Subject to frequent walking, standing, climbing, lifting, stooping, or carrying of equipment. Personnel may be subject to extreme temperatures, close quarters, high elevations, moving mechanical parts, vibrations and will be required to operate aerial platforms as well as forklifts.