SALARY: $30.78 - $39.33 Hourly $64,022.40 - $81,806.40 Annually
OPEN UNTIL FILLED
The City of Blue Ash is accepting applications for the full-time position of Maintenance Technician Specialist. This position assists the Facilities Maintenance Superintendent and performs a variety of skilled duties in one or more of the building trades, such as painting, carpentry, electrical, cement masonry, dry wall or other recognized crafts for the purpose of maintaining, repairing or remodeling city owned and operated buildings, facilities and equipment; to include H.V.A.C. and other mechanical and control systems; performs specialized skilled services in one or more areas of these trades; and other appropriate duties as assigned by or through the City Manager.
Make a diﬀerence in the community! As a Community Builder—an employee with the City of Blue Ash— you will have a direct hand in building and improving the community and making a visible impact on the lives of residents and patrons. Working for local government is more than a job, it’s a chance to contribute to community success and to help enhance the Blue Ash way of life.
The City of Blue Ash offers a competitive beneﬁts package and opportunities to grow both professionally and personally. All ‘regular’ employees are eligible for traditional benefits such as health insurance, life insurance, paid leave, 12 paid holidays a year, a pension plan and a deferred compensation plan, but we also offer great things like free membership at the Recreation Center, discount golfing, discounts at City owned restaurants/concessions, and tuition reimbursement.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
- Makes routine repairs and inspection of City facilities' electrical systems and HVAC systems and controls;
- Makes emergency plumbing repairs;
- Performs routine carpentry work;
- Maintains indoor and outdoor City facilities' lighting systems;
- Repairs small appliances;
- Performs drywall work, painting and wallpapering;
- Assists all divisions with equipment maintenance and repair;
- Helps with Special Events support needs;
- Snow and ice control.
- Familiarity with commercial-level electric systems,
- HVAC systems and controls, mechanical abilities;
- Familiarity with tools and equipment;
- Blueprint and schematic reading;
- General knowledge of carpentry, dry walling and finishing work;
- Ability and willingness to perform manual labor;
- Ability to understand and follow directives without close supervision;
- Ability to lift heavy articles; stamina; dependability;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees and neat appearance.
- Commercial Driver License (CDL) minimum class B with Tanker endorsement.
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING:
- Completion of a standard high school course or G.E.D. equivalent;
- Experience in the service, operation, and maintenance of commercial/industrial H.V.A.C. equipment and controls or equivalent experience in another similar trade.
- Proven knowledge of Ice Machine and Ice Storage chiller systems, as well as water source heat pump systems.
- Must maintain possession of an A type Universal Refrigerant Certification.
Must possess a valid commercial driver's license (CDL) minimum class B with Tanker endorsement or be able to obtain one within 6-months of employment.
APPLY ONLINE at www.BlueAsh.com/jobs. The City of Blue Ash is an EEO/ADA Employer.