The City of Blue Ash is accepting applications for the full-time position of Maintenance Technician Specialist. This position assists the Facilities Maintenance Superintendent and performs a variety of skilled duties in one or more of the building trades, such as electrical, plumbing or other recognized crafts for the purpose of maintaining, repairing or remodeling city owned and operated buildings, facilities and equipment to include H.V.A.C. and other mechanical and control systems; performs specialized skilled services in one or more areas of these trades, and other appropriate duties as assigned by or through the City Manager.
THIS POSITION WILL ENJOY:
- paid, on-site training;
- contributions into the Ohio Public Employee Retirement System (Pension);
- option to enroll in a 457 Deferred Compensation Plan as additional retirement savings;
- potential for paid overtime or compensatory time-off;
- free membership to the Blue Ash Recreation Center with eligibility and discounts for family members; and discounts at the Blue Ash Golf Course, and Sandtrap Grill;
- ten and one-half (10½ ) paid holidays annually;
- starting out with 96 hours paid vacation per year;
- comprehensive Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance Benefits;
- voluntary benefits of additional Life Insurance, Short Term Disability, Accident & Critical Illness coverage and a College Savings Plan.
Make a difference in the community! Working for local government is more than a job, it's a chance to contribute to community success and to help the Blue Ash way of life.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
- Makes routine repairs and inspections of City facilities' electrical systems and H.V.A.C. systems and controls;
- Perform general maintenance duties;
- Repairs walk-in refrigerator/freezer units;
- Assists all divisions with mechanical systems maintenance and repair;
- Helps with Special Events support needs;
- Snow and ice control of City building sidewalks
- Familiarity with commercial level electric systems;
- Familiarity with tools and equipment;
- Blueprint and schematic reading;
- Ability and willingness to perform manual labor;
- Ability to understand and follow directives without close supervision;
- Ability to lift heavy articles; stamina; dependability;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees and neat appearance;
- Commercial Driver License (CDL) minimum class B with Tanker endorsement.
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING:
- Completion of a standard high school course or G.E.D. equivalent;
- Experience in the service, operation, and maintenance of commercial/residential H.V.A.C. equipment;
- H.V.A.C. systems and controls, mechanical abilities with knowledge of chiller systems, water source heat pumps, mini splits and boilers, and all related HVAC equipment;
- Must maintain a possession of an A type Universal Refrigerant Certification.
Must be able to obtain a CDL class B within 6-months of employment. In house training is provided at no cost.
HOW TO APPLY: Apply online at BlueAsh.com/jobs or scan the QR Code above. The City of Blue Ash is an EEO/ADA Employer.