Job Type: Full-Time
Department: Public Works
Location: 8870 N Gilmore Road
Salary: $24.23 - 29.51 Hourly
Apply Here: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/fairfieldoh/jobs/4192152/maintenance-worker-laborer?pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs
- In a safe and effective manner, operate heavy equipment such as: excavator, grader, backhoe, tractor, mower, dump truck, snow plow, pavement grinder, air hammer, chain saw, paint or striping machine and various other hand and power tools.
- Performs inspections and operates facilities/systems.
- Maintains and repair physical facilities including water, sewer and irrigation pipelines, fire hydrants, machines and grounds; trim trees, shrubs and brush; spray chemicals as needed; paint, clean and lubricate pumps, motors and related equipment; perform rough carpentry and concrete work; paint buildings and facilities; and perform custodial duties as assigned.
- If assigned to the Public Works Department, operates snow and ice removal equipment including after-hours operations.
- Manually shovels and moves road salt, dirt, snow, etc.; descend ladders into trenches or drywells or climb to elevated positions; and climb in and out of heavy equipment.
- Conducts work in all kinds of weather. Requires working safely in confined spaces and dangerous situations such as flagging in heavy traffic, working in trenches, ditches and overflowing creeks. Work with color-coded maps and drawings.
- Interfaces with computer systems to enter data or prepare reports. Maintains various programs/data on computer such as daily work logs and maintenance programs.
- Utilizes manufacturers' instructions to accomplish tasks.
- Performs all duties in a safe manner and per applicable Federal, State and local rules and regulations.
Typical Qualifications: Ability to understand and follow oral and written communication and instructions. Mechanical aptitude, general knowledge of use and care of hand tools and power equipment. Ability to operate large motor vehicles. Appreciation for hazards involved in construction and maintenance work. Ability to read mechanical drawings and blueprints preferred. Must have the physical stamina required to perform the job duties and responsibilities. Valid driver's license; must obtain a commercial driver's license within the probationary period. Successful completion of Civil Service exam.