The Manufacturing Engineer I analyzes blueprints, job specifications and related data to visualize the manufacturing & machining processes required to make parts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Modeling parts from .pdfs and creating .dxfs.
- Preparing process routers.
- Organizes and reviews RFQ’s for sub-contract operations.
- Requests sub-contract quotes.
- Assists in planning and designing manufacturing processes.
- Assists with determining the parts and tools needed in order to achieve manufacturing goal according to product specifications.
The majority of the day will be in an office environment.
Office environment along with time spent on the shop floor.
- Microsoft Office
- 3-D Modeling
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively
- Licensures and Certifications: None
- Education: Bachelor’s degree
The performance factors described here are core abilities that will contribute to the employee successfully carrying out the assigned duties and responsibilities of this position and meeting established performance objectives.
- Personal Accountability: A measure of the capacity to be answerable for personal actions. Accepts personal responsibility for the consequences of personal actions; avoids placing unnecessary blame on others; maintains personal commitment to objectives regardless of the success or failure of personal decisions; applies personal lessons learned from past failures to moving forward in achieving future successes.
- Self Management: The ability to prioritize and complete tasks in order to deliver desired outcomes within allotted time frames. Independently pursues business objectives in an organized and efficient manner; prioritizes activities as necessary to meet job responsibilities; maintains required level of activity toward achieving goals without direct supervision; minimizes work flow disruptions and time wasters to complete high quality work within a specified time frame.
- Results Orientation: The ability to identify actions necessary to complete tasks and obtain results. Maintains focus on goals; identifies and acts on removing potential obstacles to successful goal attainment; implements thorough and effective plans and applies appropriate resources to produce desired results; follows through on all commitments to achieve results.
- Planning And Organization: The ability to establish a process for activities that lead to the implementation of systems, procedures or outcomes. Defines plans and organizes activities necessary to reach targeted goals; organizes and utilizes resources in ways that maximize their effectiveness; implements appropriate plans and adjusts them as necessary; consistently demonstrates organization and detail orientation.
- Leading Others: The ability to organize and motivate people to accomplish goals while creating a sense of order and direction. Inspires others with a compelling vision; empowers others to accomplish common goals; represents a positive, motivational example for others to emulate in becoming leaders; supports others through providing clarity, direction, organization and purpose.
- Accountability for Others: The ability to take responsibility for others’ actions. Establishes appropriate performance standards for others; assumes personal accountability for others’ performance; effectively confronts performance issues promptly; monitors performance, tracks results and measures achievement of key accountabilities.
- Goal Achievement: The overall ability to set, pursue and attain achievable goals, regardless of obstacles or circumstances. Establishes goals that are relevant, realistic and attainable; identifies and implements required plans and milestones to achieve specific business goals; initiates activity toward goals without unnecessary delay; stays on target to complete goals regardless of obstacles or adverse circumstances.
Metalworking Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities.
This position description is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of accountabilities, duties, responsibilities of requirements. Any individual may be required to perform any other job-related activities or functions requested by his/her manager, subject to reasonable accommodation. Metalworking Group reserves the right to modify this job description to reflect changes in essential job duties made necessary by changing organizational needs, subject to reasonable accommodation.