Position Summary: Responsible for ensuring quality parts are produced and/or assembled by conducting visual inspection and gage inspection of parts produced by an extrusion press, punch press, deburr, CNC machine, saw or other production process while meeting production rates or efficiency requirements and all safety standards.
Essential Job Functions may include, but not limited to, the following:
- Perform production and/or assembly of parts in a safe manner adhering to all Safety policies.
- Continue the production of parts through the operations required of an extrusion press, punch press, deburr, CNC machine, saw or other production or assembling process.
- Perform quality inspections as defined and stop to ask for help if/when you unsure on how to proceed
- Pack parts into various containers as specified by a standard.
- Perform required Plex functions including: creation/printing of tags, production recording etc.
- Adhere to and maintain 5S and LEAN Manufacturing standards.
- Function as a member of a work team by contributing and initiating quality, safety and productivity ideas.
- Provide input on how to improve general safety and productivity for the position and the facility.
- Train co-workers on manufacturing skills as required.
- Communicate appropriately to avoid unplanned downtime, inform other shifts of problems, trends, etc. Inform the leader of maintenance needs.
- Experience with Microsoft Applications (e.g. word, excel, outlook, etc).
- Additional functions, not specifically outlined in this position description as directed by the leader.
*Multiple positions available
Position Skills and Experience Requirements:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty effectively. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- High School Diploma or GED holder
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment is required
- 1-3 years machine operating and troubleshooting experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of pneumatics, hydraulics, robotics and electrical discipline preferred.