This employee will start off being trained on 1st shift which starts at 5:55am The intended final shift will be a swing shift that covers part of 1st and part of 2nd shift. The employee and the manager will agree upon the final schedule so the employee will be able to give input on what their final schedule will be.
Weiss-Technik NA Material Handler position maintains inventory by identifying, labeling, and placing materials and supplies in stock and records location of inventory. It also prepares finished stock for shipment by identifying, pulling, packing, crating, loading, and securing product while documenting product shipment by recording units shipped.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Be capable and willing to operate a forklift, hand truck or any other equipment required to move material to and from trucks, or within the storage and manufacturing facilities. Company training and certification is required.
- effectively communicate with fellow employees and supervisors on day to day needs and priorities
- contribute toward maintaining inventory accuracy and control
- create awareness of the importance of inventory accuracy with others in the organization
- help maintain neat and organized stock areas throughout the facilities
- recognize that all warehouse activities are part of one team and contribute to the team’s success.
- have a working knowledge of the documentation needed to conduct inventory transactions
- remove inventory from storage areas and deliver parts in a timely manner as required
- complete all documentation accurately and circulate as it relates to inventory movement
- Perform all applicable computer transactions accurately
- Have the ability to operate the company software in areas of receiving, shipping, quality, and inventory control
- perform cycle counts and physical inventories as required
- independently identify needs and take initiative to complete needed tasks or provide support in other areas of department
- In specific areas, material handlers must meet the following additional requirements:
- must retrieve, consolidate, package, and ship products for customer orders per their specified routing instructions
- coordinate shipping priorities with manufacturing and transportation
- effectively operate any applicable shipping software packages (UPS, other)
- must inspect incoming deliveries and unload accordingly
- Must be able to perform the necessary inspections
- Receive all incoming materials and dispatch to appropriate departments
- Have a working knowledge of good storage/warehousing practices
- must be capable of stock rotation (FIFO)
- Adhere to general safety rules, cGMPs, company policies and applicable procedures, ISO, QSR, and other FDA regulations.
- Minimum of a high school diploma or G.E.D
- Work experience: 5 years of experience in a similar field is preferred but not required.
- Be able to perform simple math functions and have the ability to accurately use measuring instruments
- Have the ability to read, write and communicate with others effectively
- Perform required activities with a teamwork attitude
- Be flexible and willing to work in different areas as the business level dictates
- Be capable of reading, understanding and practicing, all applicable S.O.P’s (Standard Operating Procedures) and DWI’s (Departmental Work Instructions)
- Know and exercise all Good Manufacturing Processes (GMP’s)
- Comply with regulatory requirements, such as FDA and ISO regulations.
Mostly standing work with frequent lifting and occasionally carrying up to 25 lbs. Occasionally lifting up to 100 lbs. Lifting more than 50 lbs. must be performed with mechanical aids; if mechanical aids are not available the lift will be performed by two or more employees in a team lift. Detailed work with hands; fine work, simple grasping, pushing and pulling and high speed assembly. Position requires frequent bending, squatting, reaching, and kneeling with occasional crawling climbing and twisting.