DESCRIPTION: The Medical Billing and/or Coding Instructor will provide specialized instruction to adult students in a multi-month program in which they prepare for their Certified Professional Coder (CPC), Certified Billing & Coding Specialist (CBCS), and Certified Medical Reimbursement Specialist (CMRS) credentials.
- Ability to secure an Ohio Department of Education Adult Education permit in the area of AWE Health Occupations (070000);
- One or more of the following certifications:
- Certified Billing and Coding Specialist (CBCS) certification;
- Certified Professional Coder (CPC) with ICD-10 certification;
- Certified Medical Reimbursement Specialist (CMRS);
- Certified Coding Specialist (CCS);
- Medical Assistant (NCMA),
- Insurance & Coding Specialist (NCICS),
- Medical Office Assistant (NCMOA);
- Associate’s degree from an accredited college or university;
- Minimum of three (3) years working in the medical billing and coding field;
- Previous instructor experience preferred;
- Student-oriented teaching style with ability to adjust approach to suit individual adult learner needs;
- Willingness and demonstrated ability to work with students, teachers, and administrators as a team member;
- Proficiency in email and Microsoft Office programs;
- Effective and demonstrated problem solving, critical thinking, analytical, oral and written communication, presentation, and organizational skills;
- History of strong work record, including good job attendance; and
- Documented evidence of acceptable criminal record as required by Ohio law and Board policy.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $24.00 per hour
To express interest in this position, email your resume to Dr. Sarah Delong, Associate Director of Adult Education Health Programs, at firstname.lastname@example.org.