Start Your Career in Healthcare! No Previous Experience Required! Part-time and full-time positions available!
The central role of the Medical Scribe is to relieve the physician of clerical or secretarial duties; thus allowing the physician to focus more directly on clinical care. The scribe observes the physician during patient encounters and performs documentation on the physicians behalf. Under the direction of the physician, they enter information into the patient’s electronic or written chart. At the physician’s request, the scribe must be able to locate past medical records, prior lab/radiology results, or past visit histories for the physician to review. Additionally, within the EMR itself the scribe needs the ability to enter data into the chart on the physicians behalf. All scribe-entered data is reviewed and authenticated by the physician.
The role of a ScribeAmerica Scribe offers exciting first-hand experience in healthcare and full one-on-one shifts working with board certified physicians. The job is second-to-none for exposure to medicine, disease processes, medical decision-making and procedures performed in hospitals and outpatient facilities.
- Offers one-on-one time with physicians
- Exposure to an emergency or outpatient environment
- Paid training providing a crash course in medicine including terminology, disease processes, emergency procedures, medications, medical decision making and more
- Excellent resume builder for medical school or start to your career in healthcare
- Great alternative career for those interested in CNA, MA, EMT, or Paramedic careers
POSITION TYPE: Entry-level. Part-Time typically 2-3 shifts per week. Full-time 4-5 shifts per week. Average shift is between 8-12 hours. Hours will vary depending on location and specialty.
Opportunities for advancement for those who qualify. Apply today!
- Must have a high school diploma or GED. Experience in the medical field is preferred
- Computer and typing skills are required
- Familiarity with medical knowledge preferred
- A responsible and mature individual with the ability to work in a fast paced environment
How to Apply