Hummingbird Multi-Craft Maintenance Technician – 2ndShift
Georgia-Pacific’s Hummingbird division in West Chester, OH is now hiring for a Maintenance Technician! The Hummingbird division of Georgia Pacific is a state-of-the-art digital printing operation and part of the prestigious Koch Industries family of innovative businesses. We produce high-quality, large format packaging and pre-printed rolls for the corrugated industry.Who is Hummingbird? Watch to find out!
The Maintenance Technician will be responsible for troubleshooting and performing maintenance on new-to-market digital printing technology and manufacturing equipment while performing best in class safe work practices. This position creates value by performing preventative and corrective maintenance, leading to increased uptime and reliability, thus helping the facility meet its production and quality goals.
The starting pay for this role is $28 per hour, depending on experience, andincludes a $2000 sign-on bonus.
Must be able to work extended shifts, flexible shifts and weekends.
Opportunities for career advancement as openings occur. We also offer:
- competitive compensation with the opportunity to earn overtime,
- paid vacation after 6 months of service,
- tuition reimbursement,
- health and dental benefits programs,
- paid time off/holidays,
- a 401k with an employer match!
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Safely and efficiently troubleshooting, repairing, and installing equipment in compliance with all plant codes, policies and procedures
- Using deductive reasoning to diagnose electrical and mechanical processes on printing equipment
- Repairing and maintaining machinery and mechanical equipment, such as motors, pneumatic/hydraulic components, conveyor systems, and production lines and equipment
- Repairing and maintaining machinery and mechanical hand tools, power tools, and precision-measuring and testing instruments
- Responding to all mechanical and electrical maintenance issues throughout the plant
- Troubleshooting electrical systems that use up to 480-volt 3 phase voltage
- Learning and practicing Electrical and Instrumentation skills
The Experience You Will Bring
- Minimum of 3 of experience as Maintenance Technician in an industrial/manufacturing environment
What Will Put You Ahead
- Current degree/certificate in, or graduating within the next (6) months with a degree/certificate in a mechanical, industrial or electro-mechanical program from an accredited Technical, Trade, or Vocational school
- Experience troubleshooting and repairing hydraulic and pneumatics systems
- Experience troubleshooting issues and making repairs on bearings, chains, sprockets, gearboxes, conveyors, etc.
- Experience reading and understanding mechanical drawings
- Experience with precision alignment of motors, couplings, bearings and pumps, and lubrication
- Experience within the corrugated industry
- Experience troubleshooting alarm codes and working with original equipment manufacturers to troubleshoot problems
- Experience replacing circuit boards
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test. This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information:www.kochcareers.com