This is a critical MSC role that is located at a customer location to support large strategic accounts. This associate will be expected to offer excellent service to drive long-term customer satisfaction. Responsibilities will include assisting our customers with Procurement and Order placement and managing our MSC ControlPoint Solutions (Vending, VMI, Crib) to drive the MSC value with these customers.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Excellent Customer Service skills required by assisting in customer order placement, quoting, sourcing, and cost savings initiatives.
- Manage the MSC ControlPoint Solutions – ordering, put away, and optimization.
- Customer engagement required in plant or production meetings, strategic initiative projects, or lean/Six Sigma events.
- Collaborate with the account team to maximize customer satisfaction and future projects
- Connected with our Category Team on product and supplier projects to support our mission to drive savings and improvement on the customer’s shop floor
- Resolves on-site customer product and service issues by providing sales-related solutions utilizing common and alternative sources of information.
- Communicates customer concerns to management to ensure the most effective and lasting problem resolution.
- Builds customer relationships via exceptional levels of service to ensure customer satisfaction and retention.
- Metalworking knowledge and experience is a plus but not always required
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- A High School Diploma or the equivalent.
- Minimum 2 years inbound/ outbound telephone sales, outside sales, or customer service experience required.
- Industry experience preferred.
- Computer literacy and proficiency with email, various internet browsers and/or the Windows operating system required.
- Excellent problem-solving skills are required.
- Excellent customer service and sales skills are required.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills are also required.
- Working Industrial knowledge preferred.
- Ability to lift items of up to 50 pounds required as needed.
- A valid driver’s license is required.