Shift: Full Time, 40 Hours per week, Varying Shifts
Job Overview:Performs routine and specialized painting and related tasks to maintain the condition and appearance of hospital buildings and facilities.
The Painter may perform the following duties:
- Performs highly skilled painting, plastering, drywall finishing, and wall covering work. Prepares work surface areas by sanding, scraping repairing cracks and holes in the walls.
- Mixes and matches paint and stains for projects. Applies and finishes plaster using standard and specialized tools. Stripes exterior surfaces and pavement and maintains power line striper.
- May perform miscellaneous paint shop duties, caulk tubs and showers, repair ceramic and clay tiles. Do inspections of above ceiling wall penetrations and make necessary repairs with approved fire stop?
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area and equipment. Monitor inventory for reorder stock paint. Perform assignments in a safe manner and in accordance with quality workmanship.
- Assist other maintenance personnel in the event of emergencies or projects if assistance is needed.
Education: HS Graduate or GED Required.
Experience: 2-5 years of experience is preferred.
Other Skills:Skilled in painting and preparation of materials for finishing/painting. Knowledgeable of painting materials, mixing paints and their application. Skilled in painting, commercial wall coverings and preparations of commercial materials.
How to Apply