Position Title: Painter/Sandblaster
Division: Nix Coatings
Location: Poseyville, IN
Reports To: Operations Manager
Prepare metal for coatings by sandblasting the surface to remove rust, oil, and cutting fluids.
- Prepare metal for painting, which includes sandblasting, sanding spatter and rust, wiping down steel to remove oil and cutting fluids, sand primer, and verifying removal of spatter and slag.
- Use measurement devices to measure & record sandblast profile, primer & paint wet & dry mil thickness.
- Perform daily maintenance routines on paint prep and blast equipment.
- Identify and mask areas that are not to be painted.
- Clean blast booths and lights and change filters.
- Coordinate flow of and complete necessary paperwork.
- Keep blast and prep area picked up and free of steel and tools, sweeping daily.
- Follow safe operating and lifting procedures for overhead cranes.
- Operate forklifts according to safe operating procedures.
- Operate scissor-lifts according to safe operating procedures.
- Wear proper safety equipment.
- Ensures all company values are adhered to and promoted through leading by example and creating an environment of trust and teamwork
- Participates in all requested job-related training and development, as well as taking an active interest in improving skills with other training programs
- Follows all company and common sense safety policies, while using all required personal protective equipment
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related tasks as needed
- Ability to operate vehicles and equipment used in service shops (fork-lifts, hydraulic lifts, etc)
- Ability to lift 50 - 55 pounds as required without assistance
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to maintain professionalism in the workplace
- Strong organizational skills
Health Plans | Paid Holidays | Paid Time Off | 401K | Life Insurance | Structured Bonus Plans