Part-time, year-round - This position qualifies for paid holidays, vacation and sick time. An employee in this position may work an irregular part-time schedule which may include evenings, weekends and holidays on a seasonal basis. Reports to Park Manager, Assistant Park Manager, Crew Leader or other assigned staff member. The Park Maintenance Technician performs a variety of general-purpose duties and manual labor tasks related to the upkeep and improvement of park grounds, buildings, facilities, and equipment. For a complete job description and application, please visit our website at www.YourMetroParks.net or contact the Administrative Office at 513-867-5835.
Location: Various Parks
FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES*:
1. Maintenance duties may include, but are not limited to: litter pick up, landscape development and upkeep, cleaning and maintenance of park facilities and public areas, mowing and trimming around park grounds as needed, applying pesticides and fertilizers, shoveling and plowing snow, and assisting with parking and crowd control for special events and programs.
2. Prepares and maintains park exterior and interior facilities for use by performing duties such as cleaning, painting and routine maintenance of reservable areas, recreational equipment, shelters, and park grounds adjacent to reservable spaces, common areas, storage rooms, kitchen areas and restrooms.
3. Uses and maintains wrenches, pruners, trimmers, brooms, mops, vacuum cleaners, blowers, brushes, rollers, shovels, rakes, hammers and other common hand tools.
4. Operates licensed and non-licensed motor vehicles, APVs, snow plows, tractors, mowers, brush hogs, loaders and other equipment.
5. Meets and deals with the public in a professional, helpful and pleasant manner. Acts as a good-will ambassador for the MetroParks at all times. Maintains a professional, cooperative working relationship with other staff members.
6. Aids in general public programming and special events as assigned.
7. Maintains accurate records of tasks performed: including but not limited to: time sheets, vehicle mileage, equipment usage, etc.
8. Follows Board policies in Personnel Policy Manual.
9. Maintains confidentiality on sensitive issues and nonpublic records.
10. Other duties as assigned.
11. Assists with conservation, wildlife management, and land stewardship activities in assigned areas.
How to Apply
Deliver in person or mail completed application to:
MetroParks of Butler County
2051 Timberman Road
Hamilton, OH 45013
Attn: Amy Pellman
Or email ALL documents to email@example.com