Part-Time Assistant Mechanic Technician
West Chester Township has an immediate need to fill a Part-Time Assistant Mechanic position. The individual selected will perform routine maintenance and repairs, such as tune-ups and oil changes, check tires and brakes, replace spark plugs and similar tasks in order to keep Township vehicles and equipment in excellent working condition.
Pay range is $20-22 per hour.
Required qualifications include:
- Enrolled in or a graduate of accredited high school or equivalent
- Valid Driver’s License
- Knowledge of vehicle repair
- Ability to read service and repair manuals
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Previous mechanic and/or equipment service experience
Preferred qualifications include:
- Specialized training in mechanics, maintenance management, or a closely related field.
Candidates must be self-motivated, organized and enjoy working both inside and outside.
This position provides the exciting opportunity to serve Ohio’s largest township and “One of America’s Best Places to Live.” West Chester is committed to superb customer service with an emphasis on integrity, fiscal responsibility and open communications. It is a lean and fiscally sound government known for providing exceptional services to a vibrant community.
Position is open until filled. Apply on West Chester Township website. Click "Careers."
West Chester Township is an equal opportunity employer.