Do you believe in Dress for Success Cincinnati’s mission of empowering women to achieve economic independence?
Are you interested in merging your love of fashion and retail with the ability to give back?
Do you want to join a team that truly cares about each other and its customers?
Do you want opportunities for continued growth and development?
If you answered yes to those questions,
Portaluca could be a great place for you!
Portaluca is a social enterprise, non-profit subsidiary of Dress for Success Cincinnati (DFSC). The mission of Dress for Success is to empower women to achieve economic independence by providing a network of support, professional attire and development tools to help them thrive in work and in life. By operating a resale boutique and retail events, Portaluca provides new and new-ish fabulous fashions to the public, at affordable prices, and raises money to support DFSC.
We are looking for candidates who want to support the mission of helping women dream and reach their potential. We want candidates who want to work for an organization that demonstrates compassion and kind accountability, and where diversity is valued and inclusion is a priority in an equitable environment both for employees and clients.
Portaluca Boutique Manager (Part-Time)
As the Portaluca Boutique Manager, you will be responsible for overseeing Portaluca boutique, a social enterprise benefitting Dress for Success Cincinnati (DFSC), by supervising staff, engaging volunteers, managing merchandise, and seeking out opportunities to drive boutique traffic and utilize special events in order to meet sales goals, maximize net revenue, and promote the Portaluca brand.
It is a busy place where we like to have fun while maximizing boutique revenue in support of DFSC. You will have the exciting opportunity to be creative and innovative.
This is a part-time role, expected to require 20-25 hours/week. As Portaluca Boutique Manager, you will be accountable for how well you perform against specific metrics, and your ability to:
- Manage boutique operations in order to achieve sales goals and meet financial objectives.
- Manage boutique staff—currently, five part-time sales associates
- Collaborate with inventory coordinator to manage inventory and merchandise boutique
- Maintain positive boutique climate consistent with a culture of philanthropy and social enterprise
- Collaborate with marketing team to increase boutique awareness and traffic
- Plan and lead on-site and off-site special events
The skills and experiences you need to help you be successful as a manager include:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- At least 2 years of retail management experience
- Proven experience reaching sales goals
- Strong understanding of current fashion, trends, and sizing
- Ability to communicate and build relationships, both internally and externally, with diverse groups of people
- Valid driver’s license and insurance
At Portaluca we offer a competitive salary and a place you can be proud to work!
To apply for this position, please follow this link to an application form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSerxVCITx2SMX3dIG3D9GRfIZH9G1phpKVaSwKdPspo-qzHNA/viewform . The link can also be found at dfscincy.org/careers. We will follow up with you within two business days.