Job Type: Part-Time
Department: Parks and Recreation
Location: Community Arts Center (411 Wessel Drive, Fairfield, OH 45014)
Salary: $14.00-$16.00 Hourly
Apply Here: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/fairfieldoh/jobs/4020305/pt-facility-attendant-community-arts-center?page=1&pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs
Under general supervision, prepares rooms for events, programs or permits at the Fairfield Community Arts Center, provides oversight for evening and weekend events, programs or permits, performs security inspections of building, provides assistance regarding building maintenance and performs related duties as required.
Examples of Duties
- Performs table, chair and drapery setups and take downs for facility activities, rentals, and events.
- Light janitorial duties. Remove trash from building after weekend events to dumpster
- Set-up of audio/visual equipment. Familiar with all AV equipment and systems
- Adjusts lighting levels as needed in the building. Familiar with lighting control systems
- Assist with guest services for theatre events and programs. Provides directions and other general assistance to public
- Assist with restocking of theater concessions
- Ensure building storage areas are organized, cleaned and properly maintained
- Responsible for cleaning kitchen areas, washing dishes, clearing and cleaning countertops, cleaning kitchen equipment, and ensuring kitchen shelving and storage areas are properly stocked, organized, and cleaned
- Maintains and secures building with keys in his/her possession. Familiar with security procedures and systems
Effective oral and written communications skills; leadership skills. Ability to follow oral and written instructions; ability to develop and maintain working relationships. Minimum qualifications include: High School Diploma or GED and a valid Ohio Drivers License.
Moderate physical effort required in administering the Fairfield Community Arts Center; moving cases of water/pop, cases of alcohol, and other materials and supplies. Maximum unassisted lift is 50 lbs.’ average 15 lbs. Requires the ability to drive an automobile. Requires ability to communicate verbally in person and via telephone. May require travel by car and driving to distant sites. Work is both outdoors and indoors.