The City of the Village of Indian Hill, Ohio is accepting applications for a part-time Service Worker within the Public Works Department. Duties include general road maintenance, removing roadside litter, removal of brush and trees, grass mowing, and general landscaping and grounds maintenance. This position requires ability to drive small dump trucks, pickup trucks and the ability to tow a trailer. Candidate must have knowledge of the operation of a variety of hand powered and non-powered hand tools, mowing equipment, string and hedge trimmers and other similar maintenance equipment. This position works outside for long periods of time and in all kinds of weather. Must have the ability to perform manual labor tasks that require physical strength and endurance. This position consists of 28 hours per week with typical start time of 7:30 a.m., Monday through Friday.
- General road maintenance: removing roadside litter, blacktopping & asphalt, roadside mowing, etc.
- Assists in installing guardrails, making and posting roadside signs.
- Performs removal of brush and trees and residential brush removal.
- Grounds maintenance at municipal properties including grass mowing, landscapes, lot maintenance, signage, etc.
- Traffic details including flagging traffic and safely directing traffic at work sites.
- Restoration & improvements work of installing drainage ditches, parking lots, maintenance of athletic fields, etc.
- Assists in keeping facilities clean, free of litter, safe, and in good repair. Empties trash cans, dusts and polishes furniture, sweeps, mops, and polishes floors.
• High school diploma or equivalent preferred plus at least one year of experience in mechanical or maintenance type work.
• Applicants must possess a valid Ohio driver's license.
How to Apply
To apply, please visit https://ihill.org/employment/. Applications must be completed and returned to: Jessica Chaney, Director of Administrative Services, City of the Village of Indian Hill, 6525 Drake Road, Cincinnati, OH 45243 or email@example.com.
Successful candidates will be required to pass a drug screening and background investigation. The City of the Village of Indian Hill is an Equal Opportunity Employer.