This position involves the following (not a comprehensive list): draining pools, grinding tile and return lines, pressure washing, preparing pools for new marcite, pouring concrete, setting tile, assisting service staff, working with other divisions of the Company to assess and respond to needs for the safe functioning of all aspects of a pool, including the pump room. This position will require working with chemicals necessary for the operation of a pool and performing repairs to all aspects of commercial pools including, but not limited to, pumps, motors, pool heaters, chemical feeding systems, and PVC plumbing along with general property repairs.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
* Ability to lift, push/pull and grasp objects or carry supplies weighing up to 50 lbs. occasionally to waist height.
* Ability to climb stairs and ladders, working at a height up to approximately 30 feet, for extended periods of time, with the ability to reach, often times overhead.
* Ability to perform tasks while consistently bending, stooping, kneeling or standing while supporting additional weight up to 50 lbs.
* Ability to move and work throughout the property for the duration of the shift.
* Ability to stand for the entire shift (except for lunch and break periods).
* Ability to work in extremely hot, cold and wet conditions.
* Ability to grasp and manipulate tools and materials.
* Take the initiative to make contributions to the department while maintaining positive working relationships with co-workers/other departments.
* Maintain good safety habits and report unsafe or hazardous conditions to your manager.
* Maintain a high level of work quality and quantity per company standards.
* Practice teamwork and effective communication with manager/supervisor/co-workers.
* At all times maintain the highest standards of professionalism, ethics, and a positive attitude.
* Attend all meetings and training as scheduled by the department manager.
* Accurately and regularly record work time via timesheet.
*Able to troubleshoot and develop solutions efficiently and cost-effectively.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Education: High School Diploma or G.E.D. Equivalent.
- Related Work Experience: Experience with hospitality and customer service preferred.
- CPO Certification preferred but not required; exposure to high-speed equipment and assorted chemicals.
- Two years minimum experience. Universal certification is preferred.
- Knowledge of OSHA standards for chemical use.
- A strong mechanical background is required and a working knowledge of pools is helpful but not required.
- Must be 18 or older.
- Must have dependable transportation and valid drivers license.