The City of Blue Ash Police Department is looking to fill a Part-Time Police Dispatcher position. The Police Dispatcher (part-time) position is skilled emergency service work that involves receiving emergency and non-emergency requests for police assistance, determining nature/urgency of calls, initiating police or other emergency personnel action and maintaining close contact with field units to monitor response and needed support requirements.
It is a part-time position that requires various shift assignments to maintain a fully operational communications facility.
This position will enjoy paid training; contributions into the Ohio Public Employee Retirement System; free individual membership to the Blue Ash Recreation Center with eligibility and discount for family members; and discounts at the Blue Ash Golf Course, Sandtrap Grill and Blue Ash Café.
This position requires a considerable degree of initiative and independent judgment within procedural boundaries in responding to emotional, disturbed and sometimes abusive people in a variety of situations. Work may be done separately or in conjunction with other dispatchers and dispatchers may assist in training, teaching and basic operational equipment management.
• Knowledge of public service activity and methods of local government;
• Knowledge of computer technology and equipment;
• Knowledge of law enforcement terminology and procedures;
• Knowledge of geography for the City of Blue Ash and surrounding areas;
• Knowledge of state and city laws;
• Knowledge of English language for spelling and proper word usage;
• Skill in multi-tasking- coordinating simultaneous mental, manual and visual activities;
• Skill in observing situations analytically and objectively and relaying details accurately;
• Skill in communicating using two-way radio and telephone equipment;
• Skill in operating a variety of communications equipment effectively;
• Skill in reading and interpreting maps to determine locations and jurisdictional boundaries;
• Ability to speak clearly and concisely;
• Ability to think clearly and act quickly in emergencies;
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with Police Department personnel, other city employees, outside law enforcement agencies and the public;
• Ability to meet attendance schedule with dependability and consistency;
• Ability to perform cashier duties accurately.
How to Apply
Apply prior to the closing time of the job announcement and allow at least an hour to submit your application if you are a new user on the system. APPLICATIONS ARE ACCEPTED ONLINE ONLY. You may apply and view current openings by visiting our employment opportunities web page at: www.BlueAsh.com.
If you do not have access to a computer, there are computer stations available at
NOTE: INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED EVEN IF A RESUME HAS BEEN ATTACHED.
The City of Blue Ash is an EEO/ADA Employer.