Crane Consumables is a great place to work! We're a local, family-owned manufacturer of bar code, pricing and packaging labels. Our labels can be found on shipped packages, warehoused materials, prescription bottles, pricing tags, pizza boxes...even underwater and in space! We are in need of motivated and reliable individuals to support our production area.
We have opportunities available for a variety of shifts. For students interested in part-time work, we can support you with a flexible schedule that allows you to complete your education.
Our Shifts Run:
1st Shift: 7am - 4pm, Monday - Friday
2nd Shift: 4pm - 2am Monday - Thursday (3 day weekends!)
Weekend Shift: 6am - 6pm Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Get your full-time hours in on Friday, Saturday and Sunday and enjoy your weekdays (and weekend nights) work-free! This is a full-time position with full benefits!
Production Assistant Responsibilities:
- Maintains safety and housekeeping standards.
- Cleans up and empties trash cans in press areas.
- Empties trim waste bins. Bales waste. Prepares bales for shipment.
- Reviews work tickets to understand the material requirements (cores and boxes) for a job.
- Gathers cores, boxes and carton labels for press jobs. Reports inventory discrepancies to Supply Chain and Production Scheduling.
- Removes skids, jacks and other materials once raw materials have been placed for the job. Returns unused boxes and cores to appropriate warehousing area.
- Takes finished product from conveyer. May pack and label cartons, as required by press operation.
- Delivers finished product from presses to warehouse.
- Patrols campus grounds for general cleanliness. Disposes of trash and alerts management of any maintenance issues.
Press Operator Responsibilities:
- Operates a paper die cutting press (Mark Andy, Aztech, Rotoflex, Allied Gear, etc).
- Reviews work instructions for proper set up and processing of jobs.
- Supports maintenance personnel in the care and preventative maintenance of machinery.
- Ensures production areas are maintained in an orderly and clean manner.
- Adheres to all safety requirements and company policies.
- Strong work ethic and consistent past employment.
- Excellent work performance and attendance history.
- Ability to successfully complete a drug and background check.
- Ability to drive and move materials with a forklift and pallet jack. Forklift experience preferred but not required. (Production Assistant)
- Ability to be flexible and show initiative in a fast paced environment.
- Problem solving/critical thinking skills.
- Strong attention to detail and self-motivated are key skills.
- Mechanical Aptitude is helpful (Press Operator)
Benefits for full-time employees include:
- Competitive Pay
- Quarterly bonus opportunity
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance with employer supplemented premiums. Vision insurance is free to employees enrolled in medical insurance.
- Employer paid Life and AD&D insurance, plus Employee Assistance Plan.
- SIMPLE IRA Retirement plan with 3% Company match
- 3 weeks of Time Off (2 1/2 weeks Paid) after 90 days. (Prorated in your hiring year.)
- 7 Paid Holidays annually after 90 days
- Free Lunch every Friday, Company Events, and more!