Printing Press Team Lead –2ndShift
Georgia-Pacific’s Hummingbird facility in West Chester, OH is currently seeking a Printing Press Team Lead for an emerging opportunity within our Corrugated Packaging business unit. The Print Production Team Leader will be responsible for performance, development, and coaching of digital press operators. This leader will also provide leadership and direction for all shift related operations, maintenance, and be responsible for shift efforts to safely achieve performance goals. There are plenty of growth opportunities at Georgia Pacific’s Hummingbird facility, as we believe in promoting from within and setting candidates up for success. Who is Hummingbird? Watch to find out!
The starting pay rate for this position is $30 per hour and includes a $2,000 sign-on bonus. Pay rate will be based on experience.
Opportunities for career advancement as openings occur. We also offer:
- competitive compensation with the opportunity to earn overtime,
- paid vacation after 6 months of service,
- tuition reimbursement,
- health and dental benefits programs,
- paid time off/holidays,
- a 401k with an employer match!
A Day in The Life Typically Includes:
- Assist Supervisor in leading, mentoring and developing shift employees utilizing the MBM® Guiding Principles to improve capability and performance to create the greatest value.
- Point person assigned during the shift to provide guidance and ensure daily production, quality and safety expectations are achieved
- Allocating personnel as needed for shift responsibilities.
- Ensure all media & consumables are properly staged for shift and proper handoff for future shifts.
- Assisting with problem solving, troubleshooting and minimizing downtime.
- Ensuring that each job printed on the inkjet web press is properly set up and prepped to produce the product to the established specifications.
- Constant computer (Mac & PC) interaction to help operate the press, record quality metrics, and email communications as needed.
- Performing or supervising routine preventative maintenance and troubleshooting.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Certification or willing to obtain certification in the future to drive both fork trucks & clamp trucks
- A minimum of (5) years of experience operating and/or supervising printing presses
- Two years or more of leadership experience successfully coaching team members on their performance and helping to improve overall individual and team performance
- Experience troubleshooting, problem solving, and understanding of root cause analysis techniques
- Experience using Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
What Will Put You Ahead?
- Experience in corrugated packaging, folding carton, printing, point-of-purchase (POP), or display industries
- Knowledge of Reliability and Preventative Maintenance (PM) systems
- Strong printing knowledge (digital preferred)
- Color Management knowledge
- Strong Macintosh and/or PC computer skills
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test. This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information:www.kochcareers.com