This position is responsible for leading a production line. This includes directing people on the line on what item to produce and what position they will occupy on the production line. The line lead will ensure everyone is performing their positions safely, ensure correct components are being used, ensure product quality is met and that quality and production paperwork is completed timely and accurately. It is important for this position to follow strict safety and quality protocol. This position will be looked at as a leader for the line. In addition, this person will be an active member of the production line, actively producing product each day.
1st Shift hours are 6:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. (Monday through Thursday).
- Ensure safety is the priority. In the event a safety issue or question arises, it will take priority over everything else on the production line.
- Ensure all people on the line are properly trained, and quality is always a priority.
- Direct people working on the lines, ensure they are doing the work required, per established job/labor standards.
- Determine and communicate when people rotate to different positions on the line.
- Assist in conducting shift start meeting huddles (safety, quality and production updates).
- Follow direction from the team leader and supervisor.
- Assist and verify training of new employees.
- Verify proper components are brought to the production line.
- Ensure boxes or other components are pre-labeled as required.
- Ensure required paperwork filled in correctly and completely.
- Report production numbers.
- Report scrap numbers.
- Report production and issues on a 2hrs tracking board.
- Report personnel issues to the Team Lead or Production Supervisor and assist in resolving the issues.
- Have basic working knowledge of the machines to be able to diagnose and correct minor issues, as trained.
- Lead/Assist in all changeovers to ensure minimal downtime.
- Contact and work with maintenance to resolve issues with equipment on the production lines, as trained.
- Actively participate in corporate and team Continuous Improvement events and activities.
- Lead any special projects given by management such as repackaging, reworking, etc.
- Additional duties as assigned.
• High School education or equivalent.
• Previous leadership experience preferred.
• Line Lead Communication classes completed, or equivalent.
• Train the trainer certification, or equivalent.
• Minimum six months’ Packer 3 certification, or equivalent.
• Must possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Demonstrate good judgment.
• Must be able to work independently and demonstrate effective initiative.
• Positive characterization by sense of urgency, ownership and pride.
• Strong safety record.
• Basic data input skills into simple computer files such as MS Excel.
• Should be goal oriented, confident, outgoing, and able to work well under pressure and succeed in a fast paced environment.
• Good attendance is mandatory.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stoop, reach, stand, walk, lift, pull, push, grasp, talk, hear, see and use repetitive motions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may frequently lift and or move up to 50 pounds of material, boxes, etc. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision such as reading handwritten and or typed material and must have the ability to focus.
Must adhere to The Gorilla Glue Company’s Core Values that ensure everyone works together to exceed expectations.
• Have fun, be passionate and show it!
• Act with integrity and respect in all relationships.
• Communicate openly and appreciate the effort of others.
• Embrace knowledge, growth and change.
• Strive for excellence in what we do every day!
How to Apply
Visit www.gorillatough.com/careers to apply.