About Klosterman Baking Company:
As a fourth generation family-owned bakery, we’ve perfected our craft since 1892. Klosterman is dedicated to 100% Total Customer Satisfaction by putting the right people FIRST. We provide quality products to all of our customers across the Midwest via Fresh Distribution, and Nationwide via Frozen Distribution. From our fresh hamburger buns to our hardy sliced bread varieties, our commitment to baking with natural ingredients and providing a fresh great taste never ends. Here at Klosterman we understand the importance of family, that’s why we pride ourselves on having a hometown feel within all our locations.
Our Front-End Bakers will be given on the job training on one of our production lines through dough make up, and will be cross trained on several positions for the beginning of the baking process
- Production Positions in dough make-up: involves dough mixing, operating dough machinery, loading pans onto a belt conveyor loading system, applying toppings, and placing into oven
- Focus on product quality, and attention to detail as product moves through the baking process start to finish. Must document & track production variables, downtime, product samples.
- Must follow QCP procedures and complete paperwork with accuracy and attention to detail.
- Must follow company policies and procedures at all times
- Must follow and comply with all Safe Quality Food (SQF) and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s).
- Work as a member of a team or group of people
- Must conduct activities in a safe manner, follow corporate safety guidelines and requirements (no cell phones, hand washing, etc.), use personal protective equipment, and proactively address any unsafe conditions observed.
- Must be a Self-starter, get involved quickly, take on difficult tasks with enthusiasm.
- Must maintain a high activity/productivity level. Operates with sense of urgency, efficiency, effectiveness and determination over extended periods of time.
- Starting Pay $15.50/hour
- Must have open availability- tentative shift hours:
- 2nd shift: 2:00 PM- 10:30 PM
- 3rd shift: 10:00 PM- 6:30 AM
- MUST be willing to work weekends
- MUST be able to consistently lift 50 lbs.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must be able to pass a background check
- Must have a valid Driver's License
- Must be able to pass a drug screening
- Previous experience in a Bakery (Preferred)
- Ability to handle physical workload
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced environment
- Ability to stand / walk over the course of an 8 hour shift
- Ability to lift 55 pounds in certain jobs
- Ability to work any available shift and overtime when needed
- Candidate must be able to work overnight
- Klosterman provides the candidates uniform
- Medical and Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance( After one year)
- Life Insurance and Long Term Disability (Company Paid!)
- Upbeat and positive work environment
- Advancement Opportunities