Hourly Openings for Entry Level Labor starting at $18.00 per hour!! First Class Benefits!!
Looking for somewhere to work that will not require you to vaccinate or test weekly for the COVID-19 virus? Come work for us!!
Middletown Tube Works, a division of Phillips Tube Group Inc., produces steel tube for highly engineered, severely fabricated and formed tube applications in the appliance, automotive, HVAC and recreational vehicle industries. We are proud to be a woman-owned, American-based business that produces American products. We are one of the few tube companies in the country that also specializes in coated steel products.
A manufacturing powerhouse for over 50-years, you can find our steel tube in everything from your automobile, furnace, dishwasher, recreational vehicle, appliances and so much more. As our company continues to thrive and grow we are now seeking Production Workers for our Middletown location. Production Workers will be packing and assisting the mill operators and are responsible for packing tube, preparing packaging material, and bundling tube as it comes off of end finishing equipment in the Mill department.
Essential Job Requirements:
- Supervised by the Mill Supervisor
- Loads tubing into racks or bundles (ensuring proper alignment of tubing for bundle or rack formation)
- Inspects tubing as it emerges from end finishing unit for tubing imperfections such as surface scratches, dents, marks or poor workmanship
- Separates conforming and nonconforming tubing as it exits the end finishing equipment and is loaded into racks or bundles
- Places Finished Goods Tags (SHP-102) on bundles or racks which go directly into the Finished Goods Inventory
- Operates rack moving devices on end finishing equipment where applicable
- Bundles and bands tubing using wood, banding material, and equipment
- Prepares packing material for current or next order as time allows
- Assists operator helper in length change on end finishing equipment
- Applies rust preventative oil as required by customer specifications
- Prepares and inspects tube for release to Inventory
- Reports any and all non-conforming material to supervisor and Mill Operator immediately.
- Notifies operator or helper to stop line when suspect material is produced
- Keeps work area clean
- Performs other related duties as instructed by supervisors
- Responsible for quality of material by catching visual defects and relaying information to the mill crew to minimize rejects
- To properly package tubing per the customer control plan
To perform this job successfully, and individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be possible to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to operate the following equipment: Tow motor, Overhead Crane, and Bundling Equipment
- Must have a general knowledge of the tube producing process and end finishing process, and be able to use the following instruments: micrometer and tape measure
- Must be physically capable of handling tubing in OD range of 3/8 to 3.0 and in length of up to 28 feet
- Currently working to obtain GED and /or High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- One to three months related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Ability to write routing reports and correspondence
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers and employees of organization
- Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10s and 100s
- Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instruction
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations
- Forklift Certification, Crane certification, In-house training
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and use hands to finger, handle, or feel
- The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and talk or hear
- The employee is occasionally required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and color vision, depth perception
- The work environment characteristic described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be possible to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud
** All exposures listed above are normal of those which are associated with a Manufacturing plant environment
1st Class Benefits & Perks!
- $18.00 per hour to start with potential increases after 90 days!
- Exceptional Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Company Paid Short Term Disability & Life Insurance
- Company Paid Educational & Trainings offered
- Christmas bonus!
- Company paid Steel Toed Boot and Rx Safety Glass allowances
- 401k with Company Match
- 9 Company Paid Holidays
- Employee Appreciation Events & Initiatives
- Growth opportunities with a great family owned and operated business!