Public Safety Assistant II GRADE: 9.0 (part-time, year-round, non-exempt) Employment in this position is part time and may require an irregular work schedule, including weekends and holidays, depending on the season of the year or as conditions warrant.
STATUS: Regular. Employee does not regularly supervise other personnel.
REPORTS TO: Sergeant or as assigned.
GENERAL DUTIES: The Public Safety Assistant II performs tasks which aids with the security and safety of persons and property within the parks, checks for and sells motor vehicle permits, etc., provides park information to park visitors and assists with traffic control.
FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES: 1. Attends the entrance of an assigned park and sells motor vehicle permits and approved merchandise. Dispenses MetroParks facility and programming information to visitors. Conducts surveys and collects data as assigned.
2. Makes correct change, reconciles cash on hand with unsold Motor Vehicle Permits and merchandise inventory at close of work shift, keeps accurate sales records and prepares deposits as instructed. Accurately operates cash registers and/or point of sale software and equipment as assigned. Follows organizational cash handling policies and Motor Vehicle Permit (MVP) sales guidelines.
3. Performs light maintenance including, but are not limited to: litter pick up, landscape upkeep, cleaning and maintenance of park facilities and public areas at or near work station. Assists with security, traffic, parking, and crowd control for special events and other programs as assigned.
4. Reports emergencies, problems, safety issues, violations of park rules & regulations, and violations of state law in accordance with established procedures.
5. Closes and locks parks at established times, clears visitors from parks in a polite and courteous manner, checks and secures facilities and structures owned and operated by MetroParks as assigned.
6. Serves as a secure courier to facilitate the movement of interoffice documents between parks.
7. Operates motor vehicles or other vehicles and equipment owned or leased by MetroParks. Operates all motor vehicles and other equipment used to facilitate assigned duties in a responsible and safe manner.
8. Meets and deals with the public in a professional, helpful and pleasant manner. Acts as a good-will ambassador for the MetroParks at all times. Maintains a professional, cooperative working relationship with other staff members.
9. Follows all policies in the MetroParks Personnel Manual, Employee Safety Manual, and Ranger Policy Manual. Follows instructions and orders of supervisors and Rangers. Follows all post orders, directives, and other instructions.
10. Maintains confidentiality on sensitive issues and nonpublic records.
11. Other duties as assigned.
1. High school diploma or GED; minimum of 18 years of age at the time of employment. Proficiency in basic mathematics. Previous sales experience is preferred for this position.
2. Ability to deal tactfully with the general public and co-workers as well as the ability to communicate effectively with fellow employees and the visiting public; general good health and ability to perform the tasks required of this position during all seasons of the year. Must possess the ability to effectively and safely complete assigned tasks in a timely manner.
3. Availability for a flexible and intermittent work schedule and ability to work independently and take initiative when required.
4. Good character with no felony convictions, disqualifying misdemeanor convictions, or history of theft offenses.
5. Ability to successfully complete a background check with credit check and pass a drug screen to detect the use and/or presence of illegal substances.
6. Possess a valid driver’s license with an acceptable motor vehicle record allowing insurability by the park district’s current vehicle insurance carrier under existing coverage provisions at the time of employment and thereafter. Candidates for employment may not have more than 4 total points (or equivalent penalty) issued by a recognized licensing authority for driving-related violations on their driving record at the time of employment.
*The duties and responsibilities listed are not set forth for the purpose of limiting the assignment of work. They are not construed as a complete list of the many duties normally to be performed under this job title or those to be performed temporarily outside an employee’s normal line of work.
**Alternates to the above qualifications may be allowed as approved by the Executive Director.
How to Apply
Deliver in person or mail application to:
MetroParks of Butler County
2051 Timberman Road
Hamilton, OH 45013
Attn: Amy Pellman
Or email ALL documents to email@example.com
Closing Date: 4:00 p.m., December 15, 2017.
To be considered for the position, a completed application must be received by this date.
MetroParks of Butler County is an Equal Opportunity Employer.