Essential Functions: Under general supervision of the Tax Accounting Manager performs various clerical type duties; including but not limited to greeting customers; answering main line phone; following oral and written instruction; understanding and explaining complex tax issues; maintaining a friendly and helpful composure in difficult and somewhat confrontational situations; developing and maintaining effective working relationships with supervisors, co-workers and the general public.
Additional duties assigned by the manager may include but are not limited to researching, maintaining and tracking Homestead Exemption documents for senior citizens and disabled taxpayers.
- Must have a combination of education/training and work experience with an emphasis on excellent customer service.
- Must be able to produce effective, clear, written communication, and read and comprehend detailed written material on a prompt basis with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Must have some basic computer skills, such as but not limited to Word and Excel.
- Must be able to multi task and maintain flexibility due to shifting work flow.
- Must attend work on a regular, daily, and timely basis.
Physical Requirements: The Real Estate Specialist will work out of the Auditor’s Office, Real Estate Division located on the third floor of the Butler County Administrative Center, 130 High Street, Hamilton.
Selection Procedures: Applications and interviews.
Application Deadline: Submit resume (Preferably via e-mail) by December 30 to:
David P. Brown
Deputy Auditor, Community and Employee Relations
Butler County Auditor’s Office
130 High Street, 4th Floor
Hamilton, OH 45011