Position summary: The Receiving Clerk performs work in the Receiving area of the store to include merchandise stocking, inventory control, pricing and, merchandise returns.
1) Supports a strong commitment to world class customer service and ensures a pleasant and productive shopping experience for all customers
2) Unloads trucks, stocks merchandise, tickets merchandise and processes returns.
3) Maintains Receiving area layout as set by the Corporate Office
4) Interacts with other associates in a friendly, positive and professional manner
5) Keeps work area clean, neat and safe
6) Follows all Company Policies and Procedures
7) Knowledgeable of advertised sales
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Mathematical Skills / Reasoning Ability
- Ability to perform simple math (arithmetic, subtraction, multiplication)
- Ability to communicate in a friendly and professional manner to our customers and other associates
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with Management, coworkers and customers.
To accomplish the essential functions of this job, Incumbent will required to:
- Constantly move, lift and carry objects up to 50 pounds
- Constantly stand and/or walk for prolonged periods
- Constantly repeat motions that may include the wrists, hands and/or fingers
- Frequently ascend or descend ladders, stairs, ramps, etc
- Occasionally operate machinery and/or power tools
- Occasionally operate motor vehicles or heavy equipment
- Occasionally communicate with others to exchange information
- Occasionally move objects up to 100 pounds or more
- Occasionally work in tight and confined spaces
- Occasionally work in low or high temperatures
- Occasionally work in outdoor elements such as precipitation and wind
- Occasionally work in noisy environments
- Occasionally work in hazardous conditions
- Occasionally work in small and/or enclosed spaces
Bass Pro Shops is an equal opportunity employer. Hiring decisions are administered without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Qualified individuals with known disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please send an e-mail to HR Compliance at email@example.com or call 417-873-5330 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.