The Refractory Assembler follows documented standard operating procedures to assemble refractory product(s) by mortaring and welding (MIG) them together.
Stocking and assembling of refractory parts that will be shipped to HarbisonWalker International customer(s) – assembling process includes:
- Inspecting each part prior to mortaring and securing together with a tac weld
- Placing secured refractory piece on drying rack in oven and monitor drying process (12 hour)
- Setting up and prepping components for welding according to specifications; confirming that there is no porosity in the welds; perform MIG weld per engineering drawing and examining weld for bead size and other specification
Palletizing, banding, documenting and labeling items for shipment
• High School Diploma (or GED or High School Equivalence Certificate) Preferred
• Requires strong interpersonal and communications skills and the ability to work effectively in a team environment
• Ability to interpret blueprints and understand welding symbols
• Ability to interpret welding procedures and basic measurement computations
• Ability to read, understand and work in conformity with Bill of Materials and Work Instructions, as directed
• Ability to detect and correct unsafe or hazardous conditions of equipment and work environment
• Ability to safely operate a forklift
• Ability to safely operate various hand and electrical tools
• Requires fundamental computer skills, experience in excel a plus
• Organized individual with emphasis on quality and the ability to meet deadlines
The Refractory Assembler requires two (2) – four (4) years of MIG welding experience in a machine operating or production/manufacturing environment.
How to Apply
Apply to our website - thinkhwi.com/careers:
Below is a link to the job.