Summary: Under the supervision of the Facility & Event Manager, performs general-purpose duties as required to facilitate rentals and concession sales at assigned locations.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities – Essential Functions:
- Retail duties include renting watercraft, cleaning boats, handling, and selling of live bait, emptying trash cans, selling: motor vehicle permits, fishing permits, and concession sales.
- Responsible for set-up, operation and tear down for assigned special events.
- Assists with transportation of cooking equipment, tents, beverage canister’s, tables, chairs and associated concession supplies required for special event.
- Prepares and maintains park exterior and interior facilities for use by customers and the general public. Performs duties such as cleaning and routine maintenance of reservable areas, shelters, park grounds adjacent to reservable spaces, common areas, and storage, kitchen and restroom areas.
- Moves, sets up and takes down tables, chairs and other equipment and otherwise provides assistance to management staff before, and after during rentals and special events.
- Tracks sales, uses cash register, issues receipts, makes change and handles cash and other payments accurately and, pursuant to established accounting procedures, assists with inventory as assigned, answers the telephone using proper telephone etiquette, takes and conveys messages and handles routine requests for information as instructed.
- Aids in general public programming and special events as assigned.
- Maintains accurate records of tasks performed: including but not limited to: inventories, time sheets, vehicle mileage, equipment usage, etc.
- Operates licensed and non-licensed motor vehicles and APVs.
- Aids in the maintenance of landscape beds and plantings including watering, weeding, mulching etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Ability to multitask while working independently.
• Ability to operate a cash register to track and accurately handle payments and make change.
• Ability to maintain confidentially on sensitive issues and non-public records.
• Ability to maintain a professional, cooperative working relationship with other staff members,
volunteers and the staff of other agencies.
• Follows MetroParks policies in Employee Guide and other policies as applicable.
• Meets and deals with the public in a professional, helpful and pleasant manner. Acts as a good-will ambassador for the MetroParks at all times.
Required Education and Experience:
• High school diploma or GED; minimum of 18 years of age at the time of employment is required for this position.
• Good character with no history of serious criminal activity (felony convictions) is required of all persons who are candidates for employment or employees currently working under the provisions of this position description.
• A valid driver’s license with an acceptable motor vehicle record allowing insurability by the park district’s current vehicle insurance carrier under existing coverage provisions at the time of employment and thereafter. Candidates for employment may not have more than 4 points (or equivalent penalty) issued by a recognized licensing authority for driving-related violations on their driving record at the time of employment.
Preferred Education and Experience:
• Competent working knowledge of Ohio and local regulations relative to the safe preparation, sale, and handling of food in a retail environment and previous retail experience is preferred for this position.
• Retail cash handling experience is preferred
• Knowledge of fishing, boating, and water safety background is preferred.
Work Environment & Schedule:
Employment in this position is intermittent and will include extended hours and/or an irregular work schedule, including evenings, weekends and holidays. Availability for a flexible and intermittent work schedule and ability to work independently and take initiative when required are necessary for candidates for employment and employees currently working under the provisions of this position description. Ability to work in all outside weather conditions; wet and/or humid conditions, extreme cold (below 32 F degrees) and extreme heat (above 90 F degrees). Ability to work around various outdoor contaminants and airborne and plant allergens. Some work assignments and tasks will require exposure to and work in inclement weather conditions.
General good health and ability to perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to sit, stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, talk or hear. The employee will regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds (i.e. kayaks, paddle boards, bicycles, fishing boats). Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus.
The position functions and responsibilities are illustrative only and do not represent all the duties or tasks to be assigned or performed by an employee with this position title.
Alternates to the above qualifications may be acceptable as approved by the Executive Director.
How to Apply
Please find our required application at: https://www.yourmetroparks.net/docs/default-source/careers/employment-application.pdf?sfvrsn=5aa449ea_0