What this job is all about:
The “Research Technician” is one of the most important roles at The Phoenix Group. If you like working with your hands, have good time management skills, and have a desire to work along side some of the most experienced engineers in the field you will love this job! This is a fun, fast paced environment that caters to individuals that love to learn.
The research technician collects and handles material samples preparing them for the labs. A large part of the preparation processes includes welding and cutting samples to the appropriate size. The research technician will also maintain the laboratory and enter/organize the data.
- Shift/Schedule: Days
- Monday -Friday 8am-5pm
- Compensation Range: $17-$18 per hour
- Ample opportunities for overtime
- Full benefits package available after 60 days of employment: Medical, dental, vision, disability/life, and 401lk with 4% company match.
- Continuing education assistance and advancement opportunities.
- High school diploma or GED
- Welder training preferred through on-the-job training, military, career center, or welding school
- Basic knowledge of methods, machines, and supplies.
- Experience with hand tools
- Experience with Windows and Office Suite preferred
- Experience with HMI panels preferred
- Adequate communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work well individually and as part of a team
- Follows direction well, willing to ask questions when uncertain, and willing to report issues when they arise
- Must submit to a pre-employment background check and drug screen
- Covid-19 Vaccine Verification
What you can expect:
- Welding and cutting
- Manual, semi-automatic, automatic arc welding
- Resistance welding
- Prepare test samples by shearing/cutting
- Maintain Laboratory
- Lab organization
- Manage material stocks
- Equipment maintenance
- Order consumable welding materials and welder parts
- Maintain test documentation
- Enter and organize data on computer, report results of testing
- Destructive Cup Testing, Bend Testing, etc.
Who we are at The Phoenix Group:
The Phoenix Group works hard to create a culture that recognizes the unique importance of our people and provides a special environment that promotes our values (we have 5 of them, see below). We want our people to truly believe that they have never worked for a better organization.
- Serving others in the best way possible is, to us, the most important measure of our success. Our families, our clients, our company and employees, and our communities are our mission field.
- We believe that fair, honest, transparent, straight forward are the right adjectives to define our success
- In every community where we do business, we are active in giving back and making a difference.
- We strive to do the job well, the first time, and efficiently. We own and learn from our mistakes, and we correct them. Our goal is to serve our customers in a way that helps them succeed and makes them raving fans.
- Phoenix is a team of people who genuinely care about each other and who are passionate about building a future by working well together.
The Phoenix Group and its affiliated companies provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $17-18 per hour