The Resident Automation Technician supports our customer on all automation related topics. This position must possess a broad based electrical and mechanical skillset along with a proactive approach to identifying ways to improve the sites performance. Based at our customer sites, the Resident Automation Technician must represent the TGW image at all times and ensure that a professional relationship with the client is developed and maintained.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Resolve customer equipment and solution issues as quickly and practically as possible.
- Complete work assignments and the associated work orders as assigned.
- Maintain the site spare parts inventory.
- Complete maintenance activities of the automated equipment on-site including, conveyors, cranes, shuttles, scale checks and carton opening system.
- Ensures compliance with health and safety legislation at all times.
- Actively work with the customer to optimize the automation performance to deliver contracted KPIs.
- Collaborate with broader TGW Lifetime Services team to track, document and communicate issues and lessons learned.
- Ability to interface with customer at all levels.
- Associate or Technical degree / certificate Mechatronics / Industrial Maintenance / Electrical Controls Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- Previous experience in electro mechanical troubleshooting and repair with material handing conveyor, AS/RS and shuttle experience.
- Previous experience in high stress scenarios where conflict resolution and social skills are critical.
- Experience working with Warehouse Management Systems preferred.
- PLC programming and troubleshooting (Allen-Bradley, Siemens, Rockwell, Beckhoff).
- Proficiency with interpreting CAD schematics for use in diagnostics.
- Profibus, Profinet experience.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Strong communication skills and customer focus.
- Approximately 10% travel may be required.